Bowden already at it !

Don

^ There is nothing called the correct system or the incorrect system, please try to understand that.
Instead of arguing in circles, lets take an example - Mitchell Johnson, that should be appealed to go to 3rd umpire, and then be given out. That will serve the game better to have things that are clearly out (or Not Out) when seen in slow motion replays to atleast be re-adjudicated by TV umpire.
Just forget it' date=' there is no point in me trying to put forward my POV. Nobody even makes an effort to understand.[/quote'] Its sad you feel that way. But maybe when you feel like it - you can post your POV. But, I dont see why we cannot use something (replays, and slow mos) that is available to increase the # of correct decisions. That seems to be slam dunk to move forward that way! Right? No? If it is just for the "spirit of the game" type argument, then I can understand if people dont buy that POV. Most want a correct decision even if it comes at the cost of a minute delay in the decision due to replays etc
Its NOT the spirit of the game or any other game or any other such BS. I believe, the current system, even though flawed, is what makes the game interesting.
You mean if "boring" TV replays are used to render correct decisions more often, the cricket on the field itself wont be interesting enough? Do we need umpiring plus and minus to make the game interesting? Aren't batsmen, bowlers and fielders enough to make an interesting match?
Not true. It is better that they are consistent than inconsistent. But the best thing ofcourse is to have as many CORRECT decisions as possible - correct & consistent. Appeals system with teams being able to appeal a decision to 3rd umpire should be brought into the system.
I am sure it's gonna happen in the near future. Let's just wait for Aus to lose a test series due to bad decisions.
You are asking for the impossible' date=' dont ya realize that ?[/quote'] No, it is his job. And right now he's doing it well. As much as we crib about umpiring at times, I'll admit Bowden has been on the mark this game. That call off Jaques that had our enlightened OP throwing various curses at him was dead on. The no-ball call, and the two LBWs turned down in the last five minutes were also both on the mark, and the appeals may have been upheld by a poorer umpire like Bucknor.