Dhoni pleased with allrounders stepping up

Ironhide

Because there is no word called 'swinger' :cantstop: Need to work on your English skills a bit there hmmhm..

LOL. Gunner,there is something called "Google".please use it. A basic search before posting this would have helped.This word is very common is baseball.please check before doubting my English skills .

Edited by sourab10forever

I went through your post, nothing much there. I think you need to look up the meaning of the word 'unorthodox' in the dictionary. Pandya may be a positive batsman in T20s but that doesn't mean he's unorthodox. They're completely different things.

unorthodox is anything which is not traditional and is different from what most people follow. Most batsmen don't playing aggressive shots in tests and playing that way(like limited overs) is unorthodox.

Sehwag was unorthodox.i hope you get this simple thing....atleast.

here is the dictionary defination "contrary to what is usual, traditional, or accepted; not orthodox.".

Edited by sourab10forever

Pandya obviously has great potential. Why don't we give him a bit more time to develop his skills before we introduce him in test matches. Let him play some Ranji, A team games etc. ...understand his game, develop new skills, learn how to bowl long hours without dropping pace etc.

He has not played much FC.

I agree. Never said that he has to play right now.Let him first be successful in ODI's and T20's ...then Maybe we can give it a try.

LOL. Gunner,there is something called "Google".please use it. A basic search before posting this would have helped. This word is very common is baseball.please check before doubting my English skills .

Are we talking about Cricket or Baseball here LOL, are you alrite bro? :cantstop: 'Swinger' is not part of the Cricket lexicon.

Edited by Gunner

unorthodox is anything which is not traditional and is different from what most people follow. Most batsmen don't playing aggressive shots in tests and playing that way(like limited overs) is unorthodox.

Sehwag was unorthodox.i hope you get this simple thing....atleast.

here is the dictionary defination "contrary to what is usual, traditional, or accepted; not orthodox.".

There a host of positive batsmen in Test cricket today, Warner, McCullum, Guptill, Sehwag (former), Maxwell, ABD, etc. to name a few. Not 'unorthodox' at all.

I agree. Never said that he has to play right now.Let him first be successful in ODI's and T20's ...then Maybe we can give it a try.

Now taking a huge U-turn to save face when you've been proved wrong.

Your words not mine:

"When Binny can play why not pandya?"

"I never said that he will be successful in tests but just said that it's high time we start having second thoughts about a limited overs style allrounder in tests and give it a try to which you guys seem to have pre-set your answers to a 'no'. You just aren't ready to accept a pandya style player in our test team."

Now taking a huge U-turn to save face when you've been proved wrong.

Your words not mine:

"I never said that he will be successful in tests but just said that it's high time we start having second thoughts about a limited overs style allrounder in tests and give it a try to which you guys seem to have pre-set your answers to a 'no'. You just aren't ready to accept a pandya style player in our test team."

where is the U-turn?

they are not unorthodox players?...really? Oh boy..... 

Try and understand before posting - they are so many aggressive and positive players in Test cricket today that they aren't considered unorthodox anymore unlike say a decade ago. You posted the definition, read it again and again till it goes into your head.

I think this is cricket..if I'm not wrong.

looks like someone's "cricket lexion"  is way way over my head.

#EnglishProf

That's the name of a bowling machine :facepalm:I'm gonna be as simple as I can - the word is not used to describe a Swing bowler in the great sport of Cricket. Let's leave it at that.

Edited by Gunner

At least I know my basic cricket related English. Some 'errors' apparently are what we call msg-ing language.I only can laugh if you consider those as grammatical errors.Apart from that and a few typos,can you please show me my errors.. Mr Eng?

Just go through your posts in this thread from the beginning and you'll know what I mean. If I start listing them it shall take up a whole page. Your basic English comprehension skills are non-existent and lol-worthy, and you are unable to make a coherent argument and then you take massive U-turns.

I shall end it here if you don't reply.

Edited by Gunner

Just go through your posts in this thread from the beginning and you'll know what I meant. If I start listing them it shall take up a whole page. Your basic English comprehension skills are non-existent, and are unable to make a coherent argument and then take massive U-turns.

I shall end it here if you don't reply.

At least list some...don't run away. I want to at least learn something from you.Otherwise this whole discussion would prove useless as you just aren't able to understand my very simple point. 

Randomly talk about errors and U-turns. 

When a machine can be called as a swinger why not a bowler who is doing the same job? I need the answer in order to sleep tonight. Please Gunner, do me that favor:pray:

At least list some...don't run away. I want to at least learn something from you.Otherwise this whole discussion would prove useless as you just aren't able to understand my very simple point. 

Randomly talk about errors and U-turns. 

When a machine can be called as a swinger why not a bowler who is doing the same job? I need the answer in order to sleep tonight. Please Gunner, do me that favor:pray:

LOL nobody is running away. I'm sure the posters here don't want to read your mistakes again so I will desist from listing them and derailing the thread as they've asked me not to. If you aren't satisfied, I'd suggest contacting your English teacher ASAP and asking him/her to teach you some basic English. I say that because had you understood my first reply to you, this totally nonsensical discussion wouldn't have taken place at all.

You wanted Pandya in the Test team based on the 1 T20 you watched and I replied that he needs more FC experience before playing Tests. Your words, not mine:

"'maybe' kholi can 'try' him IF he performs well in T20s."

"he will score quick fire 40 in overseas tests"

You see how stupid you sound?

And then you started arguing with a whole lot of unrelated things like Smith and unorthodoxy, etc. When expressbowling said the same thing about FC experience I'd been saying, you went ahead, made a U-turn and agreed with him.

Again comprehension fail - that machine is 'named' a 'Lethal Swinger', not called one. Show me instances where Swing bowlers are called 'Swingers' and you can sleep better tonight.

Like I said earlier, if you don't reply I shall end this 'discussion' here.

Edited by Gunner