Current Ausi team VS Dominant WI in 70's

Guest Hiten.

Which team would you vote for as being more dominant ? I would go for Australia, because: > I have seen them dominating for more than 2 decades now (they're closing in on dominating 2000-2010) > They dominate 2 forms of cricket .... ODI and Test. I doubt if WI managed to dominant both forms of cricket up to this degree as Ausi's are doing > Ausi's have managed to break WI's 15 test winning streak. Not only that they're on a verge of improving their own winning streak. ....whats your say on this ? Rephrasing my question: Aussie team (in the past 10 years or so) vs WI in 70s

WI of the 70/80 are my pick. Just based on the quality of opposition they faced compared to today.
Aus are making quality opposition look like minnows with their slam-bam performances over these years
Aus are making quality opposition look like minnows with their slam-bam performances over these years
There is no quality opposition, all teams except for Aus are crap. Back in the 80s teams were half decent. Also WI was a team made up of players from different nations, united by Clive Lloyd (a feat not repeated since).
i would say' date=' the team with McWarne was equal to the Windies team of the 80s... the current aussie team is a lot weaker...[/quote'] A lot weaker ? I don't think so. GBH for Warney, yes. That's where it finishes. The latest additions - Clark, Jaques, Hussey and Clarke - have more than covered for McGrath, Langer, Lehmann and Martyn.
A lot weaker ? I don't think so. GBH for Warney, yes. That's where it finishes. The latest additions - Clark, Jaques, Hussey and Clarke - have more than covered for McGrath, Langer, Lehmann and Martyn.
calling Jaques as equal to Langer after 4 tests is like equating Kambli to Bradman.... Mcgrath is in the top 3 fast bowlers of all-time and it takes a lot of conviction to say Clark replaces him comfortably.... Personally, I dont rate Hussey much.... I would love to see his record 5 yrs from now, if he is in the team still.... and u said it... Warney - one of the top 3 spinners of all time does not have a replacement.... if u still feel both teams are equal, it is prolly ur optimism :wink_smile:
The latest additions - Clark' date=' Jaques, Hussey and Clarke - have more than covered for McGrath, Langer, Lehmann and Martyn.[/quote'] We are talking now - not 5 years down the track, Gator. This topic is about the current Aussie team. That's what I commented on. Clark strikes better than Pigeon and has a better average. Pup is as good or better with the bat than Boof was - and brilliant in the field. Huss is averaging 80.58 Jaques is averaging 66.37 You work it out.
We are talking now - not 5 years down the track, Gator. This topic is about the current Aussie team. That's what I commented on. Clark strikes better than Pigeon and has a better average. Pup is as good or better with the bat than Boof was - and brilliant in the field. Huss is averaging 80.58 Jaques is averaging 66.37 You work it out.
in other words, if tomorrow Rohit Sharma makes his debut and scores an 80 in a match, is he better than Sachin??? The word "Now" does not mean the current average or a SR of a player... it means, the ability and mettle of a player which is usually proven over a period... like the way, we differ on Hussey...
Take off the blindfold, Gator. :regular_smile: Read the topic heading.
Donns, u seem to have trouble understanding the topic heading... u jus blindly looked at average of jacques after 4 tests, had a mini orgasm and think he is better than Greenidge and so on....
Donns' date=' u seem to have trouble understanding the topic heading... u jus blindly looked at average of jacques after 4 tests, had a mini orgasm and think he is better than Greenidge and so on....[/quote'] I didn't blindly look at anything. You questioned me. I answered you. Re. orgasms. You are the one typing with one hand. :wink_smile: