Share your moments with cricketers you met

Rohan495

Guest HariSampath
Oh yea my dad brought Gavaskar as a cheif guest. Hes real cool he wanted to eat Pizza hut for breakfast lunch and dinner
How much did your Dad pay Gavaskar for that. I know personally that even in the late 1970s Sunny used to charge appearance money, like around 10,000 for "party friend"...meaning Sunny used to accept invitations to parties hosted by wealthy businessmen ( for a hefty fee)..and turn up with a big " hello John...been a longtime..whats it 4 months since we met at the club...how are the children..." blah blah...and the businessman is happy to let everyone know that Gavaskar and he are close pals...doesn't hurt the business..
How much did your Dad pay Gavaskar for that. I know personally that even in the late 1970s Sunny used to charge appearance money' date=' like around 10,000 for "party friend"...meaning Sunny used to accept invitations to parties hosted by wealthy businessmen ( for a hefty fee)..and turn up with a big " hello John...been a longtime..whats it 4 months since we met at the club...how are the children..." blah blah...and the businessman is happy to let everyone know that Gavaskar and he are close pals...doesn't hurt the business..[/quote'] Yea exactly. He did want money and hotel and flight and all those good things, it was through my dad organization he came.
^...in the late 1970's the fee in Bombay and other cities was 10' date='000 plus a maximum of 3 photographs and time spent 20 minutes[/quote'] so I guess cricketers can act good too huh :haha:
Guest HariSampath

btw..Rohan...where were you when India A and Aus A played a series in LA..? Brett Lee and so many others were there including Allan Border the coach. As Krish Srikkanth was India A coach and I was in LA...I followed that series

btw..Rohan...where were you when India A and Aus A played a series in LA..? Brett Lee and so many others were there including Allan Border the coach. As Krish Srikkanth was India A coach and I was in LA...I followed that series
Yea man thats the time where i met Lee and all those guys. Thats where Laxman was captain and he became my dads good friend since then. I remember we had the banquet at the Airtel Hotel it was sucha great experience i got to hang out with Lee, Symonds, and others. They were such chill guys all they did was drink and play the guitar. It had to be one of the best experiences of my life. Lee is soooo gangsta that guy is the nicest guy ever.

Any of you met any International Players A few years ago there was a cricket match in the UAE between Pakistan and India in which I was one of the ball boys and I had the luck of sitting right next to several of the Indian players who were not playing in that particular match, namely, Munaf Patel, Irfan Pathan, Mohammad Kaif, Robin Uthappa and RP Singh. They all seemed really nice, offering me fruit and nuts ( yeah kinda strange), light hearted and they didn't seem like people who knew they had billions of fans. At one point Robin Uthappa even started "humping" Munaf Patel for fun...yeah sorry i just had to say that one. In that same match I also met some Pakistani players such as Danish Kaneria, although he seemed more intense and non-talkative ( probabally because Pakistan were about to lose) Also managed to meet Collingwood once. Anyways I just wanted to know if any of you guys have interacted or met with any players from any country.

I saw Wasim - Waqar - Abdul Rassq in a smoking @ HK airport :bubblegum: Sidhu in a pub @ dilli airport :cheers: Karthik & Wasim Jaffer (and wasim's wife :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:) @ the Movies I never bother cricketers & I never ask for Autographs or pictures but when I met Hayden and Gilli I had to... they were waiting for a cab outside MCG and we were trying to find the ticket window. They actually asked us first "you guys seem lost"..

Azhar (a family friends' cousin) during the Lucknow test of '94' date=' along with most of the team - he broke the curfew of eating from the hotel over home cooked food along with several others.[/quote'] What do you mean? They used to eat Home Cooked Food -- while staying at Hotels ?

I have met Shahid Afridi, Fawad Alam, Sohail Tanvir, and Waqar Younis when they came here in Canada for the Al Barakah 4 nation t20 tournament. I also met I think was Atul Wasan, Ajay Jadeja, Robin Singh, and Wasim Akram during the Legends of Cricket match here at the Rogers Centre.

1985 me thinks Picture with Roger Binny, in Goa binnsf6.jpg 2) Kapil Dev - Came for a Shoe Store Opening on the ground level of my apartment in Bombay, just shook hands thats all 3) M. Azaharuddin - Classy Dashing Personality, met him Taj Intercontinental, Mumbai 4) V. Kambli - Bewda baaz, met him at a restaurant called " The Pavillion ", a cricket themed restaurant at my Khar Gymkhana, Bombay met Leander Paes there too I have heard form my friends that Kumble is pretty arrogant as well ------------------- Rohan - You must own a popular restaurant or hotel in LA then
:hatsoff::hatsoff: