Michael Clarke - Potential future Aus captain - gets new tattoo

THE great mystery before the Sydney Test surrounds not the make-up of the Australian side but the meaning of the letters etched on the inside of Michael Clarke's left forearm. When the 26-year-old raised his bat to mark his half-century against India during the Boxing Day Test, he revealed a freshly inked addition to the "Carpe Diem" tattoo he has sported since last year. michaelclarketattoo.jpg in an online section of the sydney morning herald, people were asked what they thought it said, replies such as "bread, milk, cheese and the paper" obviously a shopping list and "i am soooo overrated it's not funny" and "in aussie team, now have meal ticket for next 10 years" were entries by readers...or guesses that it was written in elvish from lord of the rings :haha::hysterical: One linguistic expert contacted by the Herald was unable to decipher the meaning, other than to say it was not written in classical Arabic. The new tattoo has appeared since November's Test series against Sri Lanka, after which Clarke was named captain of the national Twenty20 team and officially anointed for future Test captaincy. Clarke also has his Test number, 389, written in Roman numerals across his lower back. "I like tattoos," he said after he got his previous ink done. "My theory is that if I'm going to get one, it has to be meaningful. There will be more to come." god help the aussie team if this moron does become a future test captain.....he is overrated and talks about himself in the third person.....:pray: can anyone decipher what it says?

"this moron" ? What's your problem with Michael Clarke ? Overrated ? Started his Test career with 151 against India in India. Hit 141 on his debut in Oz. In 10 Tests since his recall, has averaged 74.9 Is a brilliant fielder. Was does he need to do to be 'rated' ?

It's amazing how much publicity this is getting. A few news sources have suggested that it could be some sort of love message to Lara Bingle, but I wouldn't think it would be something so vapid. Linguists have said it's not Arabic. I have NFI what it means but I love some of the suggestions given by the Herald readers. Gold.