Umpiring screw ups at SCG Thread - keep updating

fineleg

First screw up Ponting out on 17 off 26 balls caught MSD down the legside bowled Ganguly (Aus shud be 45-3, instead they are 45-2!!!!!!!!) Inside edge - you can hear it clearly, commentators heard it. Deaf and Idjet Mark Benson misses it. Against a Team like Aus, this umpiring screw up can be costly for India. Watch how such things will be given out when India is batting. Glorious uncertainties of cricket and umpiring Must be relished and enjoyed :thumbs_up:

Players dont push for Challenge system? What can we fans do?
I have no idea, really but challenge system is not going to be the manna. Or rather, i think it will make the whole game pretty skewered because teams with only a couple of great/awesome players will start getting shafted totally. Even if you have one/two 'challenge' reserved, for a team like West Indies, it means every single match there will be a challenge against Chanderpaul...or same with RSA and kallis...or even India and Tendy (in ODIs). This is going to really screw-over the great batsmen because they will take consistent challenges against them almost every single time they bat while lesser batsmen might not be challenged against coz most teams will want to save it for the best ( say if you are playing against Pakistan...would you not let Farhat have a life, even if you know he nicked it and save the challenge for MoYo or Younis Khan ?!?)
I have no idea, really but challenge system is not going to be the manna. Or rather, i think it will make the whole game pretty skewered because teams with only a couple of great/awesome players will start getting shafted totally. Even if you have one/two 'challenge' reserved, for a team like West Indies, it means every single match there will be a challenge against Chanderpaul...or same with RSA and kallis...or even India and Tendy (in ODIs). This is going to really screw-over the great batsmen because they will take consistent challenges against them almost every single time they bat while lesser batsmen might not be challenged against coz most teams will want to save it for the best ( say if you are playing against Pakistan...would you not let Farhat have a life, even if you know he nicked it and save the challenge for MoYo or Younis Khan ?!?)
Usually the way these work (or atleast one way these work): 1. say u have 3 challenges per innings 2. if u use it and u get it right (in favor of u), u still retain all 3 3. if u use it, and deczn is against u, then u lose the challenge, and u have 2 left. If u use it wisely, and correctly, u wont keep losing the challenge even if it is against farhat.

No, what i mean is limited challenges will ALWAYS mean that the fielding team will use it as much as possible against a greater batsman than a lesser one. It is only natural- you'd defintely risk getting it wrong even if you have so much of a small nagging doubt against someone like Tendy or Inzy. Having this challenge system will mean some batsmen will get scrutinized more than other batsmen by default, which i don't think is very fair or a good reflection on the game.