Umpiring screw ups at SCG Thread - keep updating

fineleg

saw the whole days play today ... it was so frustrating i felt like pulling my hair off facknor is an insult to the game .. so many screw ups in one day ... all but one went against us.. how can we win a game against the mighty aussies if the umps stand in our way. our players must be gutted :((

>It happened in 99....It happened in 2004........hell, it even happened when they toured us. so why are people expecting anything different this time around. you missed 92 series...I still remember that Manoj Prabhakar LBW off the bat....and how many times Boonie was not given. This prompted Gavaskar to say that Aussies play with 13 man

Regarding the referral system, I think CC makes a good point that it will always be used against the best batsman. I mean why would you waste a referral over Sreesanth when you can use it on Tendulkar. The best solution remains that the umpires take help from the 3rd umpire whenever they have a doubt and the 3rd umpire should be able to advise the umpire within a minute on his own as well if he made the wrong deicision.