Whats with the Gandhigiri ...

i didnt mind our players shook hands with symonds.. it wasnt his fault.. i also admired ponting came out saying it was bump catch while dravid was taking a walk.. laxman did same thing in one of the games in past.. and we applauded for the same.. play hard.. fight hard within the spirit.. ..

I agree with BB on this one ( caution caution..BB..there are other things :-) ) Indian players had no business congratulating Symonds..he was out 3 times..and at least once he cheated by his own admission. It was not exactly supporting Ishant ' date=' by the Indian players[/quote'] Ishant sharma himself congratualated him.. :cantstop::cantstop:
Guest HariSampath
i didnt mind our players shook hands with symonds.. it wasnt his fault.. i also admired ponting came out saying it was bump catch while dravid was taking a walk.. laxman did same thing in one of the games in past.. and we applauded for the same.. play hard.. fight hard within the spirit.. ..
Dravid was never walking, take another look, and pl dont try to canonise punter. He didn't claim bcos he knew it wouldnt work on the replay and he would be caught. If punter was really St Ricky, he shud have walked after clearly edging. Is this within the "spirit of the game"...as you put it ?
Dravid was never walking' date=' take another look, and pl dont try to canonise punter. He didn't claim bcos he knew it wouldnt work on the replay and he would be caught. If punter was really St Ricky, he shud have walked after clearly edging. Is this within the "spirit of the game"...as you put it ?[/quote'] Exactly, I'm sure RD would've contested that catch, gwb just saved some time, although with this 3rd ump anything's possible.
Dravid was never walking' date=' take another look, and pl dont try to canonise punter. He didn't claim bcos he knew it wouldnt work on the replay and he would be caught. If punter was really St Ricky, he shud have walked after clearly edging. Is this within the "spirit of the game"...as you put it ?[/quote'] Dravid was definitely walking.. you take another look.. i am not saying punter is saint.. but then again how many of our players walk when edged?
:D eggjactly ... and what all this does is send a wrong message to the haramis (Bucknor & Co) that we really dont mind getting screwed by him ....
With all due respect , I think a better message can be sent by not shaking the umpires hands after the match is over... Symonds did nothing wrong here ..
:D eggjactly ... and what all this does is send a wrong message to the haramis (Bucknor & Co) that we really dont mind getting screwed by him ....
noo... thats two different things.. I blame BCCI for not complaining abt bucknor.. i support whole heartedly if they come out saying we need bucknor out of the umpiring panel..or atleast we dont want him in our games.. we have the power.. but afraid to use it..
I agree with BB on this one ( caution caution..BB..there are other things :-) ) Indian players had no business congratulating Symonds..he was out 3 times..and at least once he cheated by his own admission. It was not exactly supporting Ishant ' date= by the Indian players
However hard I think, I am not able to fathom how congratulating Symmonds and supporting Ishant are related with each other. IMO, those two are mutually exclusive.
So MM I heard you are decorating your dorm with life size posters of Bucknor and Benson :D ?
Not exactly... I am still using all the math that i have learnt over 20 years of useless education to work how on earth did Bucknor gave the Symmonds edge not out..... :D Even my mom, who didnt even watch the match and was sobbing over a mega-serial told me she knew that was out ! :omg:
Guest HariSampath
Even my mom, who didnt even watch the match and was sobbing over a mega-serial told me she knew that was out !
My mom who is a mega serial addict as well, believes this is a conspiracy ( and she also thinks there is a conspiracy not to let Sachin get past 99) :-)
Guest HariSampath

^...btw..after yet another tv rights over mega serial fight, last week, my mom told me "today Dravid was not much better than my mega serial...nothing happening, agonized expression and everyone watching sobbing and hysterical"