I apologize if my reaction was OTT: intention was not to hurt folks

fineleg

People wont take such comments like "Why dont we change the site name to xyz" lying down .... Anakin is a senior member here and i understand his sentiments here ...
What does senority have to do with discussions on a forum? I am not saying that riya or whoever Anakin is criticizing is right- just that its better to debate the point vs such dismissive comments

I was so irritated because i am his biggest fan defending him all these years in various discussions involving Tendulkar vs Lara or Ponting .God only knows how much i tried to defend . Then yesterday i lost my cool when he did that . Come on ,it is Tendulkar of all people is doing it ,not any Tom ,dick or Harry .I have every right to criticise him ,because i love him that much .

we know what we went thru to create this site and be were we are ... Anakin knows. And making comments suggesting the site be renamed isnt exactly engaging in debate ... more like sh.it stirring ... and thats what happened.
OK- that sounds reasonable I will say that anyone who puts up such a wonderful site should be admired for their efforts- I hope the members appreciate that but new members should not be discouraged by using senority as a factor.
OK- that sounds reasonable I will say that anyone who puts up such a wonderful site should be admired for their efforts- I hope the members appreciate that but new members should not be discouraged by using senority as a factor.
Definitely people appreciate the efforts. But suraj's point is valid. By the way, Look at the "voting thread for best posters"... as one example: you'll find that I've voted for people whom i've had arguments with on various threads (boss bhai in politics forum, shwetabh in cricket forum has dismissed me at times). These are folks i've had some fierce criticisms both ways to me and from me to them, but that does not stop any appreciation. Threads and arguments remain within that. I dont try to always span the arguments with members across threads. I've seen Boss Bhai too maintain such decor. Unfortunately, some like Anakin carry the distaste from one thread onto another when making a post or comment. This thread was not abt 'wishing injury' to anyone. This was an APOLOGY! thread for my heat of the moment statement for godsake! Why bring in things from another thread and call ppl as idiots over here!
Definitely people appreciate the efforts. But suraj's point is valid. By the way, Look at the "voting thread for best posters"... as one example: you'll find that I've voted for people whom i've had arguments with on various threads (boss bhai in politics forum, shwetabh in cricket forum has dismissed me at times). These are folks i've had some fierce criticisms both ways to me and from me to them, but that does not stop any appreciation.
Anakin seems to have understood this well. Methinks, he is dissing you, to get into your award books :tounge_smile: Alright, you two, let this episode slide & be nice to each other.
Anakin seems to have understood this well. Methinks, he is dissing you, to get into your award books :tounge_smile: Alright, you two, let this episode slide & be nice to each other.
Quite possible :haha:, diss me enough and get voted by me. Good strategy. :thumbs_up: By that token, MM, Chandan, Cricketics and the super-Rajeev must have dissed me the most. Since I voted these folks as MVP :D
its over? :( hmmm finey u gurl, damn wimp, u gonna take this ****? bumper said that... :popcorn:
Finey, You were a drama queen in 2004, you are a drama queen in 2008 and you will remain a drama queen in 2028
don't worry- finey ka drama kabhi khatam nahin hota just wait for the next episode
sigh - suraj knows about me. but these days, i have worked hard to refrain and episodes have stopped :winky:. still old ones get bumped.:haha: