Harbhajan summoned by match referee

why am I hooked up with this story at 2 am :goodnight:.... l
XD. I was in the same boat, Desi - up reading articles until well after 3am. Hope you didn't have to get up and be at work just after 8am like me though! People kept asking if I'd had a big night out - kinda hard to explain I was just looking up cricket news on the 'net. >.
I can say the same about you- infact i DO say the same about you and i highly doubt you've had the varied experience i've had on how the world works either. edit for brevity, lack of general structure, bad grammar etc etc.
cc1891 you seem to have a rather large chip where you head should be, perhaps you should take it off your shoulders and then we can talk :hysterical: instead
Guest dada_rocks

:finger::finger::finger: for aussei cricketers fans and nation.. your psychological war came to cropper.. no evidence whatsoever for the crappy charge......... Mike Procter

cc1891 you seem to have a rather large chip where you head should be, perhaps you should take it off your shoulders and then we can talk
LOL. You want to comment about my grammar and brevity, eh ? Do you really want to go down this road with your pusillanimous vacillations ? If you do want to get into a linguistic skills comparisons or one-upmanship in that regard, kindly meet me in the proper ground- lets go to an English language forum and continue this line of grammar and structure, shall we ? Are you up for that, for a cricket forum on the internet is certainly not a medium for linguistic skills analysis, especially given that the said forum(this one), is visited by a minority of people who's first language is English in the first place! So will you meet me in my ground ? Can you, champ ? I shall await a response before i give you recommendations about proper forums for linguistic analysis in English. Regarding the issue of racism,again, stop running away - i asked you a legitimate question: If you raise the 'when in Rome' point (which YOU did, i did not btw), do you not think then that all the Aussie media/fan/player hoopla about Symonds being called a monkey =racist' is a bit idiotic, given that in Rome(India in this case), Monkey is NOT a racist reference ? If you think there is a lack of brevity in that line of thought, kindly show me why it is so. Your reluctance to answer this issue, which i've already raised TWICE to your attention only goes on to reinforce the common notion that Aussies can give it but not take it. I find it highly ironic that your run-away act is re-inforcing the very notion (Aussies can dish it but can't take it) that you are trying to contest. Ha-freaking-ha indeed.
from zero to hero in one foul swoop!
The proper word, champ, is 'fell'. Not 'foul'. Notice the single inverted commas. Ironic that a grammarian like you, who deems it fit to criticize my grammar, cannot get one of the most common English idioms correct.

try not to be too literal here....when in rome means that its not just when you are physically in a country...its a metaphor....you understand that don't you? perhaps not? :hysterical: if you apply it, it means be aware of others, don't disregard what other people may be offended by even if you aren't......moron. perhaps the golden rule as applied might be a little easier to understand for you. or perhaps not. :hysterical:

The proper word' date=' champ, is 'fell'. Not 'foul'. Notice the single inverted commas. Ironic that a grammarian like you, who deems it fit to criticize my grammar, cannot get one of the most common English idioms correct.[/quote'] oh noes, typo :giggle: i completely confess my crimes against english....take me away :nervous: or i could perhaps google a number of big words like your previous post in a lame attempt to sound articulate and gregarious
when in rome means that its not just when you are physically in a country...its a metaphor....you understand that don't you? perhaps not?
Ofcourse it is a metaphor, you silly 'lil twat. However, i find it ironic that the metaphor is only valid to you in case of Aussie sensebilities and you arn't willing to extend the same courtesy to Indians. If you are using the metaphor 'when in Rome, do as the Romans', then you MUST acknowledge that 'monkey' is not a racist term in India and thus cannot be seen as racist or racial abuse- Offensive perhaps but definitely not racist ! What was it again about cultural sensetivity and knowledge, champ ? Hah!
if you apply it, it means be aware of others, don't disregard what other people may be offended by even if you aren't.
No, it implies that whatever is the majority prevalent opinion where you happen to be, follow that. That is PRECISELY what 'when in Rome, do as the Romans do' mean. Maybe you should work better at picking the correct metaphor ?
or i could perhaps google a number of big words like your previous post in a lame attempt to sound articulate and gregarious
I suggest you might want to look up the defintion of the word 'gregarious' and 'articulate'. For neither of them is defined as 'using big words'. Using 'big words' is termed in many different ways : Pedant, verbose or even the neo-colloqualism accepted by Oxford Dictionary : 'Wordy'. But 'gregarious' and 'articulate' is not the definition of 'using big words', champ. Perhaps you should learn English properly before you try boasting or taunting others for the skill. I find it ironic that your basic grasp of metaphors and definitions is poorer than mine, considering it isn't even my first language and i know 3 other languages, while you at most have a rudimentary grasp of a 2nd language apart from English if you are an average educated Aussie. Which given your grasp of logic, 'run-away act' and typical 'can dish it out but can't take it' mentality, i highly doubt you are.
the fact you are typing war & peace every post says you can't really take it:hysterical:
LOL. I've answered everything you've asked me or thrown at me, mate. you are the one yet to comment on the logic of 'if when in rome = true, then symonds = monkey != racist in Indian tour'. Come to the home plate mate- don't shy away. PS: I do realize that my verbosity and pedantry might be too much for you to handle. Perhaps you should try moving this conversation towards a more articulate and gregarious side ?
wow some great posts there....from zubin and vinayak1986 your ignorant comments are a sign you have no education, tolerance about people of other countries, races etc....it's as bad as calling all indians a bunch of curries, terrorists, caste loving, goat herding, call centre working money grubbing dalits.....as yes, i have seen some australians use these terms in the past about indians. its extremely disgusting from both sides but the issue was that sledging can only go so far, once you bring in race you have over stepped the line..... perhaps singh could have kept it humourous, like when glenn mcgrath asked heath streak why he was so fat, the zimbabwean player responded "every time i fu@k your wife she gives me a biscuit" :hysterical: racism = not on by anyone....
Cricket is a gentlemen game. played with a bat and ball. the bowlers have to just concentrate on bowling. but i have seen the aussie cricketers indulging in sledging in what they like to call as" mental disintegration"". Coming to your point, i am for banning any talk between the players. totally. if you allow some one to talk something, then it would lead to crossing the line. had Streak told an indian or a pakistani cricketer something like what he told McGrath, i would not be surprised if there was a fisticuff on the pitch, but i trust the indians not to ask stupid and unnecessary questions to cricketers. It is none of Mcgrath's business how fat Streak is.he just has to bowl to him to the best of his abilities. similarly when McGrath could not get Sarwan out, he asked him a silly question regarding Lara. this led to Sarwan's alleged remark on McGrath's wife. if Mcgrath had not stooped and asked a question that would hurt Sarwan's self respect, he would not have hit McGrath below the belt. so, moral of the story is -just play and stop talking. if Aussies cant get a set batsman out, they will do whatever possible to disturb his concentration. Graeme Smith was another target of Mcgarth in his debut series.After getting Sachin out to a dubious LBW decision,In the 99 tour at sydney, McGrath having been hot for 14 runs of the same over including 3 fours, the saint had acted in the most shameful manner. he should have been ashamed of his conduct. But none of the umpires reported anything on him. similarly that is what happened with Harbhajan too. Symonds and co created a scene just to disturb him and Ponting used it to settle his score against Harbhajan. Symonds said something to Harbhajan , regarding his tap on Lee''s bottom when he was crossing for a run. it was none of his business. Lee is not a rookie. he can take care of himself if he had felt that he has been purposely hit by Harbhajan.he is a fast bowler and he could have really let Harbhajan know what he thought of his action, if he was upset. it was totally needless for Symonds to take it up with Harbhajan and make some nasty comments which had hurt him. so he had called symonds and gave him back in his own language. In india, we call a mischief monger " a monkey",that is quite a very general word. but the words " bastard" and "S.O.B" are considered as a very big insults. where as may be in australia, it could be the opposite. cultural difference mate.

agree with all you're saying rajan, good points made there by you. just would hope some others would see that cultural difference works both ways, calling someone monkey is fine in india but not to someone who is clearly not white in australia just as slandering someone's mother in india is not on whereas in australia if funny it may be made light of /end of discussion from me...