Cricinfo's teams for 2007: A few surprises

suraj

The Test XI Wasim Jaffer, Phil Jaques, Kumar Sangakkara, Jacques Kallis, Kevin Pietersen, Sourav Ganguly, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Brett Lee, Zaheer Khan, Dale Steyn, Muttiah Muralitharan The ODI XI Matthew Hayden, Sachin Tendulkar, Ricky Ponting, Mahela Jayawardene, Yuvraj Singh, Andrew Symonds, Adam Gilchrist, Shaun Pollock, Daniel Vettori, Brett Lee, Glenn McGrath The Twenty20 XI Matthew Hayden, Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Andrew Symonds, Misbah-ul-Haq, Shahid Afridi, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Jacob Oram, Daniel Vettori, RP Singh, Umar Gul http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/revi...ry/328571.html

The Test XI Wasim Jaffer, Phil Jaques, Kumar Sangakkara, Jacques Kallis, Kevin Pietersen, Sourav Ganguly, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Brett Lee, Zaheer Khan, Dale Steyn, Muttiah Muralitharan
Wasim Jaffer? Phil Jaques?! I'd take Matthew Hayden and Alistair Cook anyday. Cook will win you a match with several fifties/hundred, Jaffer will draw or perhaps win one with a double. How you can put Jaques in the team considering he has only played 5 Tests is beyond me. I think Zaheer has been highly overrated after the England tour. Let's be honest, he has shown potential but has not done much either side of that tour, ignoring minnows. I'd have Stuart Clark any day. Dhoni for the Test XI is a good pick in my opinion, I think that he is the best keeper in world cricket today and I do not think you need Gilchrist's batting (with the line up already there) so it is a good pick. In the ideal team, you must go with the better keeper.
The ODI XI Matthew Hayden, Sachin Tendulkar, Ricky Ponting, Mahela Jayawardene, Yuvraj Singh, Andrew Symonds, Adam Gilchrist, Shaun Pollock, Daniel Vettori, Brett Lee, Glenn McGrath
Seems pretty good. Good team and Pollock and Mcgrath will probably win a game by going 20 overs and conceding about 65 runs. Good batting line up too.
The Twenty20 XI Matthew Hayden, Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Andrew Symonds, Misbah-ul-Haq, Shahid Afridi, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Jacob Oram, Daniel Vettori, RP Singh, Umar Gul
Again, the team seems fine.