Is VVS the best timer of the ball in the world?

Rohan495

You got to be kidding me ! Ganguly is a better timer only on the off side. .. Laxman is a better timer on both sides .. Laxman is the Carl Hooper of India...
A key judge of how good a timer a batsman is, is how fast the ball reaches the boundary. Dont confuse Laxman's use of his silken wrists or his penchant to find the gaps as his ability to time the ball. Ganguly, was, is and will be one of the best ever timers the world of cricket has ever seen. And because Yuvraj is also a power player, people dont generally give credit to his ability to time the ball naturally. But boy, some of his shots seem to be just pushes, but they race away to the boundary. Watch this video, and watch closely during 0:21 and 2:36... 5k6l8cNpzh8 Now, that is timing for you. Have you EVER seen defensive pushes from Laxman race away to the boundary for 4 ?
dude marrirs mania that was such a shitty innings compared to this. how about this video for timing way more classy, and he did it against the best bowling compared to Yuvraj who did it against a below par pakistani attack
Dude, why are posting a video that is quite not relevant to the discussion here ? Ofr course, VVS plays more classy and elegant shots than Yuvraj, no one is debating that. If the OP had been who plays the most classy shots, i would have voted for VVS too. But both Ganguly and Yuvraj are much better timers of the cricket ball than Laxman.
Dude' date=' why are posting a video that is quite not relevant to the discussion here ? Ofr course, VVS plays more classy and elegant shots than Laxman, no one is debating that. If the OP had been who plays the most classy shots, i would have voted for VVS too. But both Ganguly and Yuvraj are much better timers of the cricket ball than Laxman.
And I wondered why on somedays I see a flowing VVS, and on somedays a totally ugly Laxman with no feet movement! That explains the jekyll and hyde.
A key judge of how good a timer a batsman is, is how fast the ball reaches the boundary. Dont confuse Laxman's use of his silken wrists or his penchant to find the gaps as his ability to time the ball. Ganguly, was, is and will be one of the best ever timers the world of cricket has ever seen. Now, that is timing for you. Have you EVER seen defensive pushes from Laxman race away to the boundary for 4 ?
I don't know if sufficient scientific analysis has been done on this front ,at least not to my knowledge . Then it becomes purely subjective analysis based on instincts . Having watched cricket for more than 25 years , if I have to make a judgment , the two batsmen I would pick would be VVS and Carl Hooper.In fact even the commentators Chappell and Slater were commiserating with my judgments that VVS is a better timer of the ball than Ganguly. Apparently , you must have missed some of his effervescent knocks in Australia. His straight drive for 4 is a mere gentle push many a times...
Guest dada_rocks

Sehwag tendulkar are up there too.. still sehwag's defensive push against lee rocketing to the boundary is doing rounds in my head.. But no freaking body comes close to Yuvraj Singh