Why did Ponting walk?

I was talking about RD ... puhleeeeeeeease tell me it was a mistake that you mentioned YS :D
RD, YS names dont matter. Backing an out of form, RD this series, may be good for him. But does he inspire any confidence in you that he can turn it around in THIS series & contribute to a test win ? Fortunately, YS, Jaffar, Dhoni are all worse than RD & hence RD neednt make way now. But if RD were the worst bat of the series, i wouldnt mind resting him for a couple of test matches, because his decline started way back in Ind-SA series & has received fair backing, without paying us back. He cannot complain he has been unfairly dropped, if he were indeed dropped.
and BTW Clarke just edged to Slip and stood his ground .... so yeah Ponting could have done the same ... these guys are quite capable of doing that and they will even keep a straight face.
Yes, and who knows maybe Bucknor would have ruled M.Clarke not out! He was thinking abt it that Bucknor, but decided it would be too much. I'd prefer the Indian players dont walk too quickly, stand the ground even if there is smallest doubt that umpire maybe confused, so atleast lets see what the umpire says. Except if ur clean bowled or hit a catch to long on or long off+clean catch types maybe.
that still doesnt answer the question about the current Test match ....And the last time he made a good contribution you said that every one else made runs hence it doesnt count and at Delhi 32 of his runs in the 4th innings were useless :haha:..... implying that untill unless every body fails and he alone scores (And then our bowlers take 20) you aint going to consider his contributions as worthy enough to mask that horrendous crime he apparantly commited by not scoring enough runs in 2005/6.
Umpiring et al, we cant do much about it, can we ? Did we not get mugged last time vs Aus in 2003/04 ? Dravid & Laxman still managed to pull off those miracles. You keep playing well, you will win!
How could I forget that gem' date=' Tendulkar averages 23, beacuse the last 32 runs he makes are useless!!:hysterical:[/quote'] Similar to the gem, that you saw "Tendulkar nick the ball" that even cameras couldnt catch, eh :hysterical: BTW, Tendulkar averages 23, with 32 useless runs is entirely your imagination, just like your OP.:hysterical: IIRC, u lot were having an orgy over a long due 50 in that game, when 3-4 other significant contributors in the same game, were being ignored. And i pointed out that even in that 50, he had 24 free runs when was the match was virtually over.
Nope that wold be wrong just as it would have been in case of SRT or Sehwag. And who exactly are those heroes that you see are capable of lasting 10 overs of BLee and Clarke ? Nada Nobody. This is why class players always get a longer rope ... and dare I say that Tendulkar is beyond that class.
I did say, IF RD were the worst in this series, which he isnt. If he were, he would have & should have made way for Sehwag. The need of the hour is 'beating Australia'. Backing, grooming players etc all can wait, until the series is over.
Similar to the gem, that you saw "Tendulkar nick the ball" that even cameras couldnt catch, eh :hysterical: BTW, Tendulkar averages 23, with 32 useless runs is entirely imagination. IIRC, u lot were having an orgy over a long due 50 in the same game, when 3-4 other significant contributors in the same game, were being ignored. And i pointed out that even in that 50, he had 24 free runs when was the match was virtually over.
How much has your sweetheart Ponting scored when the game was virtually over?
How much has your sweetheart Ponting scored when the game was virtually over?
I dont give a rat's behind about what Ponting did, he doesnt play for my country. I wish every time he goes out to bat, he fails. But he doesnt more often than not. The SOB has been scoring non stop for 6 years & yet is being unfairly criticized by all & sundry for not being named Lara or Tendulkar
SRT has kept playing well too 2004 SCG (hmmm what happened there ? ) 2004 Multan , 2004 Mumbai , 2005 vs SL at Delhi. All that during his lean period. heck SRT has more than 2100 runs just against Aus .....despite being the No 1 target of umpires .... dont deny that .... it would be very petty to say show me how many wins .... if you do that then you dont understand cricket and how umpiring muggery affects the outcome.
Will the records, pundits, media record the umpiring muggery ? No. Whats the point in moaning about it, after its over ? Our BCCI asked the players to lodge a protest against Bucknor & our very own senior Maharathis, turned that proposal down. And you expect people to ack our batsmen's performances, keeping the umpiring gaffes in perspective, years after they retire ?
I dont give a rat's behind about what Ponting did' date=' he doesnt play for my country. I wish every time he goes out to bat, he fails. But he doesnt more often than not. The SOB has been scoring non stop for 6 years & yet is being unfairly criticized by all & sundry for being named Lara or Tendulkar[/quote'] For a reason, and when you understand that reason maybe we can continue this discussion. There are many reasons why Ponting's runs aren't considered worthy of Tendulkar's and Lara's and even Aussie commentators when gushing over him have merely said "statistically he may turn out to be next to Bradman". There are reasons for those comments, explore them.

And your reasons are that Ponting did not navigate quality bowlers well ? He hasnt averaged well in India ? Rank him below SRT or Lara, it becomes your opinion. But your comment that Ponting is a pretender is ludicurously dismissive. Sample these: 1) What was Lara's average against Akram, Waqar at their pomp ? 2) What was Lara's average against Donald, Pollock at their pomp ? 3) What was Gary Sobers's average in NZ ? When you explore them, you will see the double standards used to judge Ponting.

And your reasons are that Ponting did not navigate quality bowlers well ? He hasnt averaged well in India ? Rank him below SRT or Lara, it becomes your opinion. But your comment that Ponting is a pretender is ludicurously dismissive. Sample these: 1) What was Lara's average against Akram, Waqar at their pomp ? 2) What was Lara's average against Donald, Pollock at their pomp ? 3) What was Gary Sobers's average in NZ ? When you explore them, you will see the double standards used to judge Ponting.
Here is a batsman who has not been able to sort out his problems with one bowler for close to a decade and you want me to talk about him in the same breath as Tendulkar and Lara. Find someone else or name one bowler that Tendulkar or Lara averaged 3.5 against.

Ah, the great Lara. What did he do against Donald ? And if you bother, the often touted, greatest bat since Don, Sir Gary Sobers averages 15 in NZ. Just as one swallow does not make a summer, one blot does not make a great player a pretender either. Ponting did show he can play spin well by averaging in excess of 50 in SL against the greatest ever bowler.

Ah, the great Lara. What did he do against Donald ? And if you bother, the often touted, greatest bat since Don, Sir Gary Sobers averages 15 in NZ. Just as one swallow does not make a summer, one blot does not make a great player a pretender either. Ponting did show he can play spin well by averaging in excess of 50 in SL against the greatest ever bowler.
Does Ponting have anywhere close to 200 test wickets to compete with Sobers as a player?