Why did Ponting walk?

Does Ponting have anywhere close to 200 test wickets to compete with Sobers as a player?
Why should a batsman have 200 wickets ? Speaking of quality of bowling, what quality did you see Sir Don navigate ? Ponting has faced atleast as much quality as the Don, interms of bowling and the professionalism of the modern era, is light years ahead of the 40s. I can understand if you dont rate him as the best of the modern era players, but to completely dismiss a batsman, who outperforms his peers in almost every category (avg, centuries, 4th inngs avg, opponent wise stats, country wise stats, match saving/winning tons etc) is unfair.
aahhh so pick the next best easy target ..... go after the most obvious target by creating silly and idiotic criterias that you know are very very hard to match given our circumstances ... very brave and rational indeed ?
So what would you do then ? Add 50 runs to our batsmen's bottomline per innings. Thats not rational either! Whats your solution ?
Why should a batsman have 200 wickets ? Speaking of quality of bowling, what quality did you see Sir Don navigate ? Ponting has faced atleast as much quality as the Don, interms of bowling and the professionalism of the modern era, is light years ahead of the 40s.
You were asking of players in your earlier post. Sobers would never make my all time XI as a pure batsman. Regarding your point about Ponting and Bradman, Ponting has averaged much much less than Bradman did so the comparison does not even start.
I can understand if you dont rate him as the best of the modern era players, but to completely dismiss a batsman, who outperforms his peers in almost every category (avg, centuries, 4th inngs avg, opponent wise stats, country wise stats, match saving/winning tons etc) is unfair.
Yeah, he is in the second tier with Dravid, Kallis, Hayden etc. but has done nothing to touch the supreme batting abilities of Lara and Tendulkar and almost all cricket experts agree on that. There is life beyond quoting some 14.5446 months stats. Find it, Bumper dost.

You rate Lara very highly. Why dont you quote his averages against Donald, Pollock, Akram & Waqar at their pomp. I take it that you wont bother even after looking at those numbers (I believe the numbers are in the 20s), as u are already brainwashed by the experts in the media. If you still bother, compare Ponting's numbers against the same bowlers. And btw, Sobers will make MOST lists of all time top 10 batsmen.

You rate Lara very highly. Why dont you quote his averages against Donald, Pollock, Akram & Waqar at their pomp. I take it that you wont bother even after looking at those numbers (I believe the numbers are in the 20s), as u are already brainwashed by the experts in the media. If you still bother, compare Ponting's numbers against the same bowlers. And btw, Sobers will make MOST lists of all time top 10 batsmen.
Lara's abilities go beyond scoring against Donald, Akram etc. His ability lies in the area of constructing huge innings at a marvelous pace. Tendulkar's abilities lie in scoring substantial runs against all of them. Ponting's abilities lie in being made a fool out of an off spinner at home and away, repeatedly, whom at least half the country wants dropped.
I dont think I added 50 runs to any of our batsmens bottomline ... And I am tired of rallying support to do something about the facking umpiring ... as in do something to get heard as in spend time and money to hunt down the barstards at ICC/BCCI as in write scathing articles as in find out our team sponsors and ask them to turn in the chaavi ... you may think its all far fetched and idealistic and perhaps that Iam mad .... but thats me .... havent seen anyone with balls yet but if we put our mind to it nothing is impossible ... But when I say this all I get is apologetic mumbo jumbo with ridiculous inane cliches and **** like that ... I am not like that.
All in vain, unfortunately. The players know about the issue. Forget you, even the lazy a$$ BCCI found the shockers unacceptable. Its hard enuff to get the BCCI riled up on issues posing a threat to our cricket. When such bozos, propose a plan of action, our maharathis shoot that down. How can you help these morons, who dont want to help themselves ? Imagine, the kinda pressure we could have put on Bucknor using this incident ? We could have flexed our muscles and turned this into another PCB-Hair type issue & could have permanently gotten rid of him from the elite panel. There goes another opportunity. And you think, us fans can make a difference!
Lara's abilities go beyond scoring against Donald' date=' Akram etc. His ability lies in the area of constructing huge innings at a marvelous pace. Tendulkar's abilities lie in scoring substantial runs against all of them. Ponting's abilities lie in being made a fool out of an off spinner at home and away, repeatedly.[/quote'] Alright, am not gonna convince you on this one. You dismiss Ponting's ability as a batsman based on his NUMBERS against Bhajji, who is by no means a benchmark for modern day batsmen (Murali & Kumble are). Lara's numbers against the best attacks of his times, is equally poor. If you dont see the analogy, we are going nowhere with this.
Try telling that to some of our resident posters here that Tendulkar at Faislabad also clearly nicked it and walked and was accused of running away from fighting it out.
what a typical pakistani response, find anything to complain or put india down about 99.9% of the people would say he walked off in good sportsmanship yet we have some retards trying to find faults

:hysterical::hysterical:, u guys are still discussing this ? All you skool girls sound too hurt. Why cant u guys take a contraversial pov, even after showing enuff evidence off a cricinfo article. Anyways, I have addressed the OP with more than sufficient evidence. We can go on & on till the cows come home, but serves little purpose.

SRT walked because he felt he nicked it and is is obvious to him ..... How many honestly know the rule ? The umpire would have given him anyway ... Like Inzi given runout while trying to evade ... where the third umpire ruled him out. On another note Can anybody bring out instances of great umpiring decisions from the nuances of cricket rules......apart from the Darrel Hair awarding the match to Pakistan That is wicked:haha: