The Great BUCKNOR Thread

Bumper should be in charge of selecting all future test umpires.
If i were incharge, i would send the Aussie players to a concentration camp in Pakistan and put Shakoor Rana incharge of all games. The Aussies would come out of it, screaming for technology.

I am really comfortable with umpiring errors that are reasonable, like the ball pitching centimeters outside leg-stump and given lbw or the umpire missing a thin edge onto pad and then caught, but the three errors made today were simply shocking. First, Benson missed an obvious edge by Ponting caught by Dhoni down the leg-side. There was clearly a loud noise and it couldnt have been anything but the bat, even Dravid at second slip knew it was out, but was given not-out. Second was Benson's blooper against Ponting. Ponting literally knocked the cover off the ball , but was given out lbw. Most umpires would have picked up such a huge deflection. The third, and the most shocking one, was the Symmonds edge. There were about 65,000 people in the Sydney cricket ground today, including players, and only one seemed to think that was not out and it was Bucknor. The tell-tale signs that tell us how bad an umpiring decision actually is, are the players' reaction. On all the three occasion, the players simply could not believe the decision. And how ironic is it, that Benson gave the most obvious out as not out and most obvious not-out as out. If these umpires form the elite panel, then God save cricket. Such blatant mistakes will help in pushing the case for replacing the umpires with technology. Each time a bad decision happens, the anti-umpiring lobby will gain strength and pressure will grow on ICC to do something.

and that would be a sad thing why ?
Really sorry BB, but we arent having any more one-on-ones on this topic. I dont mean to sound disrespectful or anything ,but i have found that the debate on this topic between simply goes to nowhere. I hope you understand my predicament. Again, no disrespect.
if you want to be taken seriously its upto you to come up with specifics ... else the umpires will ensure that you look silly every single day. Do you realize how silly it looks when you post how dissappointed you are with what happened and then turn around and keep repeating the PC line ? what would have been soo bad if the 3rd ump had over ruled Bucknor / Benson ... care to give a straight answer ? Cant beleive that you bluntly support something that is dead wrong. as a fan you very well deserve what you got with that line of thinking ... and should be celebrating another fine exhibition of human touch on display in full glory instead of expressing dissappointment.
Honestly, what the fook has the word Political correctness got to do with what i am saying ? What i have got to do with the current bosses of ICC of any other specimen that heads any other boards ? For God's sake, dont you use that word for EVERY damn argument. And as i said, i am simply not inclined to engage you in a debate on this topic anymore.

We definitely need a Challenge/Appeals system for overruling the umpires by referring to 3rd/T.V. umpire. The biggest stupidity is that the players and boards are sitting on their bottoms and not putting the effort to get this in place. Thats really sad, and we fans can debate but until players and boards get on it, nothing will happen.

please explain in simple sentences what in the world would have been so disasterous if Bucknor and Benson were advised by the 3rd ump to reconsider and provide them a replay.
And how can you be sure that the third umpire will give the correct decision after watching the replay? What did he give today after watching the replays of Symonds stumping so many times and from so many angles?? I had NEVER felt as frustrated as I did today!!
And how can you be sure that the third umpire will give the correct decision after watching the replay? What did he give today after watching the replays of Symonds stumping so many times and from so many angles?? I had NEVER felt as frustrated as I did today!!
Chandan, True that goof ups can happen even in TV umpire decisions. However, the # of such goof ups will be likely FAR LESS than field umpiring goof ups. Dont u see that it will be much less?
Chandan, True that goof ups can happen even in TV umpire decisions. However, the # of such goof ups will be likely FAR LESS than field umpiring goof ups. Dont u see that it will be much less?
After today's game, I've lost faith in umpiring as a whole. Benson made mistakes, Bucknor made mistakes and even the TV umpire joined the party. Who to trust??:thumbs_down: Perhaps no one!!

Chandan - this is Austrialia we are talking about. They are suppose to win - doesn't matter how. If they need umpires' help then they get it. BTW: Why is Bucknor officiating in Indian matches? We all know he has personal agenda against India. I would rather take a third rate umpire from anywhere in place of Bucknor.