Indians sure have some liking for 'DRAMA'.

Agreed, Australians lacked 'excellence' and 'spirit' and everything nobel. They cheated and cheated... Bucknor ditched and robbed. If that's the *ONLY* case, we should have seen this game over in couple of days, wouldn't have lasted till the last over with three wickets left to just draw the game. Indian team has the knack of making ordinary matches extraordinary either by winning or losing unexpectedly. We sure have some liking for 'DRAMA'. ---- the weaklings ----- Sharma (good last name and just that) What about Isant Sharma who couldn't get one damn wicket which would have helped us a lot. Sure, he is unlucky to have a dropped catch. Despite the fact, I have to say he is not going to last long having failed to defend three-damn balls in the last over. Yuvi (not fit for tests) I should admire Selectors for not selecting him during first two tests in Pakistan. Now the world can see why he was out of test team. What a waste of oppurtunity he got. It's not that he is out-of-form or something, its just 'unfit for test'. He should not be bothered to 'mould' to test cricket. He is rather best fit in One-days and 2020. Wasim Jaffer (Irresponsible) He knew that Aussies are going to try-hard for just two overs before lunch to get him out. I didn't like the fact that he had to face Lee after going for 3 runs. I just stopped watching the game right after this over. I would expect Jaffer to give Dravid as much stroke as possible and last at least through lunch if not entire day. It's too much to ask the current indian bowling team to win us matches. With the superb batting in first innings, one would hope for a decent draw. But that's what was written on the team's fate.

you will carry on seeing them as ordinary coz we got screwed by the umpires if the umpires hadnt screwed us, how great would the indian cricket team be in ur eyes even with them 3 players flopping, we stll would have won sharma did a pretty good job btw, batted decent, and bowled very well with no luck

Sorry. Not good enough. If we are serious about beating Aus in their home, we need fast and effective pace bowling attack and a bit of luck (or atleast no badluck). We need all our match-winning bowling options operate at their best to beat Australia. Instead we ended up with R.P Singh (who actually did pretty good job) and Sharma (ineffective) as our opening-bowlers.

If we are serious about beating Aus in their home, we need fast and effective pace bowling attack and a bit of luck (or atleast no badluck). We need all our match-winning bowling options operate at their best to beat Australia. Instead we ended up with R.P Singh (who actually did pretty good job) and Sharma (ineffective) as our opening-bowlers.
We were going to win, just that the umpiring and cheating aussie side ensured that it would not happen even with a non perfect XI. It was not about luck here, we were screwed out of that win or draw.

WIN was never in our sight. At no point, Indian team looked like crusing for a WIN. Only after Sachin's masterful innings, we hoped for a decent DRAW. Yes, I can't find fault with the opinion that umpiring robbed us the draw. But I can't agree with the statement that we could have WON but for umpiring.

We were going to win' date=' just that the umpiring and cheating aussie side ensured that it would not happen even with a non perfect XI. It was not about luck here, we were screwed out of that win or draw.[/quote']
At no point' date=' Indian team looked like crusing for a WIN. Only after Sachin's masterful innings, we hoped for a decent DRAW. Yes, I can't find fault with the opinion that umpiring robbed us the draw. But I can't agree with the statement that we could have WON but for umpiring.[/quote'] Why go all the way to Tendulkar's innings. Australia would have been bowled out for 200-225 runs tops had all decisions in the first innings been given correctly.
Guest Hiten.
Why go all the way to Tendulkar's innings. Australia would have been bowled out for 200-225 runs tops had all decisions in the first innings been given correctly.
exactly. If we had a lead of around 150+ after 1st inn, then Ponting would have delayed in his declaration in 2nd Inn, giving india less time to bat out for draw. This is what irking Indian supporters and perhaps the team. I thank GOD and Anil Kumble for not walking out in 2nd test. This has curtailed the chance for critics to raise more issues against team India

I like the imagination ... but that's just it. To me, all the hard work by Indians was UNDONE in the last over. period. I don't buy the CASE of winning coz Ponting team would have played out entire 5th day... I just got off the phone... another colleague also thinks 'we must be DUMB to loose 3 wickets in one over where we are not trying to make runs to win but to just hang in there'. Yes, umpiring is 'part' of the story but not 'entire' story of our loss. At the end of the day, we had "all the time" to let Australians pile more than 200 of runs with their last 4 wickets. And the ability and heart to loose 3 wickets in the last over and 1 wicket in the very first.

exactly. If we had a lead of around 150+ after 1st inn, then Ponting would have delayed in his declaration in 2nd Inn, giving india less time to bat out for draw. This is what irking Indian supporters and perhaps the team. I thank GOD and Anil Kumble for not walking out in 2nd test. This has curtailed the chance for critics to raise more issues against team India
Guest dada_rocks
Agreed, Australians lacked 'excellence' and 'spirit' and everything nobel. They cheated and cheated... Bucknor ditched and robbed. If that's the *ONLY* case, we should have seen this game over in couple of days, wouldn't have lasted till the last over with three wickets left to just draw the game. Indian team has the knack of making ordinary matches extraordinary either by winning or losing unexpectedly. We sure have some liking for 'DRAMA'. ---- the weaklings ----- Sharma (good last name and just that) What about Isant Sharma who couldn't get one damn wicket which would have helped us a lot. Sure, he is unlucky to have a dropped catch. Despite the fact, I have to say he is not going to last long having failed to defend three-damn balls in the last over. Yuvi (not fit for tests) I should admire Selectors for not selecting him during first two tests in Pakistan. Now the world can see why he was out of test team. What a waste of oppurtunity he got. It's not that he is out-of-form or something, its just 'unfit for test'. He should not be bothered to 'mould' to test cricket. He is rather best fit in One-days and 2020. Wasim Jaffer (Irresponsible) He knew that Aussies are going to try-hard for just two overs before lunch to get him out. I didn't like the fact that he had to face Lee after going for 3 runs. I just stopped watching the game right after this over. I would expect Jaffer to give Dravid as much stroke as possible and last at least through lunch if not entire day. It's too much to ask the current indian bowling team to win us matches. With the superb batting in first innings, one would hope for a decent draw. But that's what was written on the team's fate.
It's llike defending a mass-murder by saying complete ethnic clensing cud not be affected hence nothing actually happened.. It's like people defending islamic marauders in india by saying since they could not finish the ethnic cleansing job only 33% ; unlike countries like iran etc hence nothign of that sort happened.. Hope u get the drift.. I am sure if it had finsihed in two days u wud have shifted the goal post and asked if umpires cheated then why didt't the game finish in one day