which team is most f*cked up at the moment?

kabira

World Cup is round the corner...is there a team which loooks settled?? Which 3 team is most fuked up?? I would say 1) England (lot of their players wont be in playing world cup) 2) Pakistan..(lot of main players injured) and 3) Newzealand (retirement of Astle)

Re: which team is most f*cked up at the moment? Add to that WI as well, they have struggled against Pakistan and India recently. Sri Lanka isn't far off either, they did fairly well against NZ but they have had tough times in the ICC trophy. If they lose a few against India they will fall in this category too. Similarly India will deserve a place too if they lose a few against Sri Lanka. India has been terrible since about a year barring the recent wins against WI.

Re: which team is most f*cked up at the moment? Ind, Pak, Eng are in disarray. NZ is ok, they were competitive against the Aussies regularly. SA, Aus will finish on a high note prior to the cup & hence will be high on confidence. But i wont read SA's confidence too much. They always choke on the big stage. WI can beat anyone and are also beatable by anyone. Lanka has done well oflate, with their stars returning to form and will be well rested and ready come the world cup. Am eager to find out how we fare against them.

Re: which team is most f*cked up at the moment?

But i wont read SA's confidence too much. They always choke on the big stage.
They look hard under Smith though. He isn't a meek, uninspiring leader like Pollock was. Wears his heart on his sleeve, sports that "win at all costs" attitude, and it reflects on the team as well. They proved a lot of critics wrong in that 5th ODI vs SA when they came back magnificently to chase a record 431. I'd back 'em to go all the way.

They look hard under Smith though. He isn't a meek, uninspiring leader like Pollock was. Wears his heart on his sleeve, sports that "win at all costs" attitude, and it reflects on the team as well. They proved a lot of critics wrong in that 5th ODI vs SA when they came back magnificently to chase a record 431. I'd back 'em to go all the way.
Don't know if they can beat AUS but they are definitely not the chokers which they once were!

The same SA team that lost to WI in the CT semis. Come crunch time, they somehow manage to lose. That 5th ODI vs Aus being an exception. And btw, i dont really believe this SA team is as good as Ind or Pak are making them look like. Even Eng or NZ attack would be handful for the Saffies, IMO.

The same SA team that lost to WI in the CT semis. Come crunch time, they somehow manage to lose. That 5th ODI vs Aus being an exception. And btw, i dont really believe this SA team is as good as Ind or Pak are making them look like. Even Eng or NZ attack would be handful for the Saffies, IMO.
they are an excellent team in "certain" conditions...i can't even remember when was the last time they lost an ODI series at home!

Which main players have Pak got injured?? Its only Akhtar and Gul right? And Gul isnt even first choice in ODIs... Lot of talk about them being 'injury ravaged'...
off course he will be always ahead of like M Sami and in most cases ahead of Rana....Shabbir on the other hand will not be in the full strength line up.

WI are another one of my favs for the WC. ...and you seem to have forgotten that SA flattened NZ and ENG in the last two series they played against each other ? 4-1 vs ENG and 4-0 vs NZ.