Why won't anyone say it?

goose

that's just a euphemism in Indian media for unfair play. i want to see a concentrated attack on this man's character. removing him from Perth is not enough. who are the people sponsoring Bucknor? he cannot carry on the way he does without explicit support.

I don't see the point goose. You will never get the ICC or powers-that-be to accept that Bucknor is cheating and it can't anyway be proven. There are also other explanations. Bob Woolmer referred to the Australian way of appealing that intimidates umpires as an explanation for what goes on. And you have to say the worst umpiring problems seem to occur playing in Australia. Remember Bucknor stood in the Eng/Ind series last summer. His umpiring was its useful atrocious self, but the mistakes were fairly evenly divided -- in fact he is the umpire who gave Sreesanth not out in the dying moments at Lords. So all in all, I'm not sure it's worthwhile to go after Bucknor's character. India should settle for having him ineligible for any of their future games (which if acceded to is a huge blot on his reputation anyway) and continue to push for the overturn of the Harbhajan ban and canvasing the ICC for use of technology. Also, when Australia next visits India, they should make life as difficult as possible -- and I'd like to see a test series full of pitches like the Mumbai minefield.

Yes, Bucknor has something against us. Could be due to the point TS raises (Black Windian growing up with Indians). I have never seen things evening out with this guy. He always seems to screw us. Complaining now, is a touch too late. He's anyways close to his retirement age. We should have screwed him after the 2003/04 Sydney test. Sadly, we looked at the series result back then (a 1-1 draw was much better than expected) and let things slide.