[MERGED] Sledging threads: Symonds/Harbhajan/etc

Rajan

Bumper -- great fitting reply to these "white supremascists"...even if they don't publish, they will certainly understand, Indians can't be fooled anymore.

I believe Aussies are touring India in 2008
Real monkey is Sharad Powar. Not just future series, read what Powar wants in this series. 'No Question of pull out' -- Sharad Powar "There is no possibility India will pull out of their tour of Australia even if Harbhajan Singh's three-Test suspension is not lifted, according to the BCCI president Sharad Pawar The board has given Pawar the sole authority to cancel the rest of the trip and earlier comments attributed to Pawar indicated he may use that power if he was not satisfied with the result of Harbhajan's appeal." http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ausvind/content/current/story/330433.html
i doubt it. coz i for 1 wouldnt' give those decisions much weightage over out/notout decisions.
True, but if the umpire misses a no-ball and the batsmen is out caught or something, surely that is a significant mistake......unless that is counted as an appeal wrongly given?
True' date=' but if the umpire misses a no-ball and the batsmen is out caught or something, surely that is a significant mistake......unless that is counted as an appeal wrongly given?[/quote'] yeah, i guess that would go under appeal wrongly give. i think burden of making no-ball decisions should be put on the 3rd umpire.
Here we go....one more biased report from Australian press As the tourists persist with threats to abort their tour of Australia, official ICC data obtained by The Sunday Telegraph shows India have faced more sanctions than any Test-playing rival in the past 10 years.
Former India stars slam lopsided Australian media claim Press Trust Of India Melbourne/New Delhi, January 13, 2008 First Published: 14:54 IST(13/1/2008) Last Updated: 16:08 IST(13/1/2008) DropShadow_BotLeft.gifDropShadow_BotRight.gif An Australian newspaper's lopsided effort to show that Indian cricketers are the worst-behaved in the game was on Sunday rubbished as misleading by Kapil Dev and some other former stars. Even as Ricky Ponting and his team continued to face a barrage of criticism at home and abroad for their on-field conduct, Sydney's The Sunday Telegraph used ICC data to claim that it was in fact the Indian cricketers who were the worst-behaved. The Indians had faced action in 43 cases, the maximum for any team, followed by Pakistan with 39 cases, South Africa with 27 and Australia 25 penalties by the ICC since 1997, the newspaper reported but the Indians see these figures as lopsided and misleading. The Indians point out that the Australians are universally acknowledged as the big bullies in the game and most of the teams have been at the receiving end of their foul behaviour. India, Pakistan and the West Indies are the worst sufferers. Moreover, the fact that there are more cases of penalties against India only highlights what angered the Indian team in the Sydney Test. The Match Referee Mike Procter accepted the Australian complaint against Harbhajan Singh without any evidence. The same Procter had imposed a five-match ban on former Pakistan captain Rashid Latif for wrongly claiming a catch but a similar case involving Ponting in the Sydney Test went unpunished. Reacting to the report, former India captain Kapil Dev said, "For the last 40 years, India has been the best-behaved team on and off the field. The players have always played in the true spirit of the game. "As far as I know, the Australians were the first one to indulge in sledging in international cricket. And now that they are complaining, India is being penalised for no fault of theirs," Kapil said. "This type of penalising players when they are not at fault will lead to an unpleasant situation. Cricket will get worse," felt the World Cup winning captain. During the last 10 years cited in the Australian report, India has played 488 matches -- combining Test, ODIS and Twenty20 -- compared to 450 played by Australia. Former opener and coach Anshuman Gaekwad too was aghast by the Australian report. "India is the most cultured team in international cricket and it is also the most educated team. "Some of the teams are not so educated and it reflects on their on-field conduct. This statistics does not reflect the Indian team's conduct," he said. "Some of the umpiring has invariably been biased against India and the verdict has often been unfair. I do not believe that the Indians are the worst behaved on the field," Gaekwad said. Former spinner Erapalli Prasanna said India had an impeccable track record and their sportsmanship was unquestionable. "I think the Aussies are talking through their hat," Prasanna said. "Ever since India has been playing cricket, they are known for their impeccable behaviour on and off the field. Never have they contested any decision, nor have they ever believed in sledging. "The Indians have always believed on performance and never compromised on their conduct. The only time we made a hue and cry was during the John Lever incident in Delhi. But even then we played the game in the true spirit," he said. The allegations levelled at the Indian team leaves Prasanna upset and the spin great said, "I'm disappointed with the Australian media reports about the India behaviour. No one is bigger than cricket, what remains is the performance." ------------------------------------------ I like that no one in India is buying into the rubbish report published by Daily Telegraph!
"How a monkey in the middle of Kangaroos?" Not very hard to guess who they were referring to.
Doesnt making such assumptions in our mind about a player make us all, racists then ? Its just a matter of being found out, then. It is how we think that makes us racists, not saying what we think.:D
Just wanted to check out your views on that- Symonds was gagged by Cricket Australia, after he went "tom, tomming" that he told Harbhajan , what he thought of him, for tapping Lee on his bottom! Symonds was the reason for the entire controversy. He wanted to "mentally disintegrate" Harbhajan to break the partnership with SRT. It was none of his business in the first place, when Lee did not even bother aboit the tapping. Also, going by his statement " i am a strong believer in sticking up for my teammates", I suspect Hayden, being a very close buddy of Symonds,supported the "monkey" accusation. My point is, can Symonds go scot free after questioning Harbhajan understandably on -Homosexual preference? is there anything on the code of conduct on this?if yes, why should the indian team miss out on that?
You can not expect these things from [ EDITED: LETS NOT STOOP TO THAT LEVEL ]
http://www.334notout.com/ashes/ausmcslur.htm Mcgrath gets away, hmm..wonder if Aus media caught that "We have spoken to one of the umpires. He's advised us that he didn't see or hear anything of that nature during the game," ACB chief executive Malcolm Speed told the Melbourne Age on Tuesday. "No report was made, the match referee made no report of it, and the allegations are third-hand." The other umpire who stood in that match, Steve Randall, could not be contacted by the ACB as he is currently serving a prison sentence in Tasmania as a sex offender. Veterans of the match in question reportedly told the ACB that Jayasuriya had been called “spider monkey” because of his idiosyncratic movements.
Prasanna said. "Ever since India has been playing cricket, they are known for their impeccable behaviour on and off the field. Never have they contested any decision, nor have they ever believed in sledging. "The Indians have always believed on performance and never compromised on their conduct. The only time we made a hue and cry was during the John Lever incident in Delhi. But even then we played the game in the true spirit," he said. The allegations levelled at the Indian team leaves Prasanna upset and the spin great said, "I'm disappointed with the Australian media reports about the India behaviour. No one is bigger than cricket, what remains is the performance."
As an Englishman in Australia I can look at the Sydney test from a more objective position. I believe it is true that India has geneally set higher standards of ethics than most teams over the years. However, let's not believe that Indian players have always been saints, Recently in England I saw some very unsavory behavior from Sreesanth, who attempted to injure a batsman by bowling a beam ball and then a short ball from well over the popping crease. I regard this as totally unacceptable behaviour and much worse than a player walking or faking a catch, regardless of the circumstance. There is also the matter of match fixing and lets not forget that Azharrudin was banned by the BCCI after being dobbed in by Hansie Cronje in 2000. In my view, match fixing is much bigger than any on field incident in terms of bringing the game into disrepute. As far as the Australian's performance in Sydney is concerned, it was a normal game from my point of view. They played the game exactly the same way they play all games. The only issue here was that there were so many more opportunities presented to them than they would ever usually get to exploit or bend the rules. The umpiring was terrible to boot, and given that the Aussies were going for the record 16/16, the temptation to over indulge became too great. This is no excuse however, and as has been seen even here in Australia, the fans are demanding a return to a more sporting approach. There is also a definite feeling here that Australia winning too often has also become bad for the game and fans here do want to see their team beaten every so often to create some interest. An example of this was the 2005 Ashes tour which Australia lost for the first time since 1989. The 2006-7 Ashes tour was a huge success as a result. To all Indians, I say keep playing Cricket in the right spirit both on and off the field. The way to beat any team including Australia is not about copying poor sporting tactics and walking the tightrope of fair play, but rather it's about having the desire and motivation and working as hard as possible both on and off the field. Let's face it, the Australian team are not a group of the games most talented players, but they are undisputedly the worlds best team. If the Indian team could somehow develop the same ethos of hard work and determination then who knows what they could do. Here's hoping for a hard but fair 3rd test.

India worst behaved team according to ICC not saying i agree with it but interesting article all the same http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23045616-23212,00.html by Peter Badel January 13, 2008 THEY have protested their innocence throughout the racism saga, but besieged India is the worst behaved team in world cricket - according to official ICC data. As the tourists persist with threats to abort their tour, official ICC data shows India have faced more sanctions than any Test-playing rival over the past 10 years. Former India captain Sourav Ganguly is the game's undisputed problem child, being hauled over the coals by the governing body a record 12 times. Overall, India players have been charged for 43 infringements since 1997 for offences including intimidating umpires, abusing rival players, ball tampering, time wasting and dissent. Of the touring party, five Indians have copped fines or suspensions - Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Virender Sehwag and Harbhajan Singh. The rap sheet is damning evidence the Indians are anything but choirboys as they continue to vehemently deny spinner Harbhajan is guilty of racially abusing Australia all-rounder Andrew Symonds. Despite the raft of indiscretions, Indian cricket board vice-president Lalit Modi said the sub-continent powerhouse did not have an attitude problem. "Sometimes you see sides carry on when the stakes are high, but we are not one of them," Modi said from India. "I am sure there have been incidents with the Indian team in the past, but in the two years I have been on the board, I have not seen such behaviour problems with our team. "I am not privy to the facts you have. We have not done such research, but our boys are generally well behaved. "Most of our players are very good. In the past, there was some incidents involving Ganguly, but he has not had an issue for some time. "If our players are fined or reprimanded, what is it for? Sometimes it can be wasting time or misconduct towards umpires. Not every offence is serious." Analysis of the ICC's code of conduct breaches over the past decade show: ONLY Pakistan came close to India's ill-discipline with 39 offences, led by retired batsman Inzamam-ul-Haq, who was hauled up 11 times. DESPITE claims they have worse conduct issues than India, Australia are ranked fourth with 25 infringements. Glenn McGrath (six), Ricky Ponting (four), Adam Gilchrist (four) and Brett Lee (three) are the serial offenders. HARBHAJAN has a history of poor conduct. The first of his five offences came in 1998, when he was fined 50 per cent of his match fee for abusing Ponting after having him stumped. INDIA pace bowler Shanth Sreesanth is emerging as cricket's next bad boy. Ruled out of the Test series with injury, Sreesanth was charged four times in nine months between December 2006 and September 2007. DRAVID and Tendulkar, regarded as two of the most squeaky-clean figures in world cricket, have been caught ball tampering. Tendulkar was fined 75 per cent of his match fee in 2001, while Dravid was fined 50 per cent for altering the ball's condition in a one-dayer against Zimbabwe in Brisbane in 2004. However, the main culprit is Ganguly. The former skipper has forked out about $50,000 in fines for offences ranging from abusing players and umpires to bringing the game into disrepute for failing to control his team. In a 15-month period between 2004 and '05, Ganguly committed a staggering five breaches - his final act was for unfair play for time wasting that saw him banned for four one-day games. Since his return to the Test side last year, Ganguly has kept a clean slate, but he flagged India's mindset last month when he said his side would not be bullied by the home team. "That is not a worry for us," said Ganguly following a drama-charged seven-match one-day series in India. "What happened in India for me is in the past, but for Australia, maybe not. They will try to pressure us and they may say some things but we have many senior players who can handle that. "Winning in Australia is always difficult, but we are confident. "This is probably the most experienced Indian team to come to Australia in quite a while. We know what to expect from them." West Indies great Michael Holding, who travels as a commentator, said India were not the worst-behaved team. "I have seen a lot of all the teams and I don't find India to be the worst, not at all," he said. "When I played against India, with their top spinners, they were quite aggressive. "I wouldn't say they are well behaved, but they are not the worst. These days there are not too many well-behaved teams in world cricket. "Unfortunately, the game has become win at all costs." :nervous:

its called double standards......If the same rules that applied to Aus applied to India, then there would be hardly any citations. Even in just the last test, Aus got away with 2 bump catches, over appealing and dissent at the umpire. But wht do u expect from ICC when they dont punish Ponting for shouting at the umpires but fine Indians when they look in general direction of the umpires.