Indias schedule 2017/2018

Sooda

Just wanted to plug some gaps with dates I was not sure about, or cannot find anywhere- probably because they have not been finalised

I am worried about the amount of cricket the core guys- Kohli in the main, the other test regulars are being managed- are playing. We need them/him fit for South Africa and England. And then there is the kind of preparation they are going to get. BCCI say they want 2 warm up matches in SA, great, but how will they fit it in when the SL series ends days before SA tour begins. Will have to play a 2nd string in the ODIs.

The test players should take a break then have a camp of some kind where they can hone their skills, for SA and before the |England tour. It looks like there will be a very short break bewteen the Asia CUp and tour of England next year- That could be a huge issue. Good preparation is crucial. I wish it was not a 5 test series, its too long. Should have had a break before the tour a genuine holiday followed by a camp. Kohlis workload needs to be managed. Rest him for NZ ODIs, rest him for SL ODIs

Aus tour of India 5 ODIs and 3 T20's - Sept 7th to Oct 13th

NZ tour of India 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is- Oct 22nd to Nov 7th

- 

SL Tour of India 3 Tests, 5 ODIs and 1 T20 - ?? to Dec 24th

India tour of South Africa 4 Tests, 5 ODIs, 3 T20s  - 3rd Jan to ?

Independence Cup in Sri Lanka- March 2018

IPL - April to May 2018

Asia Cup - June 2018

England Tour...

4 minutes ago, Sooda said:

Bumped in light of Virat Kohli talking about prep camp and lack of time before first test in SA...people here have been saying it for ages, I said that about 3 months ago...

If we can rest the whole test squad for the Sri Lankan ODI series and t20s, that's the best thing which could happen now as that will give our reserves like Pant etc a chance to play. Make Manish Pandey the captain of that team to keep him ready, will also bring a sense of responsibility in him.