Sheila Dixit writes a book on why Congress lost Delhi elections in 2014 & yes they are still clueless.

chapetmarunga

http://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi-news/why-congress-lost-delhi-sheila-dixit-reveals-in-autobiography/story-XKPofB0ZxKZmrs3OgqBG9O.html

The young people could not acknowledge the changes that her government had brought, unaware of what Delhi was like before she took over, she writes in Citizen Delhi: My Times, My Life, which will be released at the Jaipur Literature Festival on January 27.

“A considerable chunk of voters, who were casting their ballot for the first time, had not seen the Delhi of 15 years ago. To them a Delhi with regular power, flyovers and Metro rail, as well as several new universities, was their ‘natural right’ and therefore taken for granted. They could not be expected to feel ecstatic about it,” says the 79-year-old who ruled the state from 1998 to 2013.

Dikshit, however, doesn’t dwell upon the alleged corruption linked with the 2010 Commonwealth Games but blames the Shunglu Committee for ignoring the government’s response to a lot of the allegations.

13 minutes ago, chapetmarunga said:

true. From what I've heard from friends & relatives Mumbai feels safer for women cuz of decent public transport system

I have met ppl from North India who are so afraid to live there.  Someone told me a story of a son of a local politician (in Punjab?) who stopped  a family of husband, wife and the sister who were returning home from cinema. The goons followed them and threatened that one of the two women should go with them or they would rape both / kill everyone. The wife went to save her sister in law and family 

if we dig deeper, Ind needs a cultural revolution

Edited by zen

19 hours ago, zen said:

To many Delhi represents what is worst about Ind -> dirty politics, corruption, pollution, crimes (rapes), thugism, .... 

If you think these things don't happen elsewhere,then it is silly. Delhi is bad because it represents the country.

People from all over live here and everyone makes it bad .

It is the capital,so everything gets reported faster.

It is the political capital.thugs from all over the country come here with their supporters. 

There are enough horror stories in the rest of the country.

The story to mentioned has been going around in the quora pages for sometimes.

Sometimes it is from pakistan ,sometimes from punjab.

Sometimes the husband hands over his wife .

Sometimes he goes home and shoots himself.

Yes delhi is really bad...but so is the rest of the country.

6 hours ago, beetle said:

If you think these things don't happen elsewhere,then it is silly. Delhi is bad because it represents the country.

People from all over live here and everyone makes it bad .

It is the capital,so everything gets reported faster.

It is the political capital.thugs from all over the country come here with their supporters. 

Yes delhi is really bad...but so is the rest of the country.

With posts such as above, you would make Pakistanis proud. A la If Pak is bad others are not saints. Terrorism is everywhere and so on ....

51 minutes ago, zen said:

With posts such as above, you would make Pakistanis proud. A la If Pak is bad others are not saints. Terrorism is everywhere and so on ....

Na....we should all adopt the logic that pak is bad so we must be good. :rolleyes: