Wired Symonds ????

Is it true that Indian press was reporting yesterday that Symonds was wired so he could record any sledge from the Indians ??? My friends from India told me this. Now this is a proof that Indian press reports about anything. Channel 9 always wires couple of players from each team and then the commentators speak with the players through out the game. Indian press is also reporting that attack on Murali was racist and they are making it sound like all hell is breaking lose in Australia. Stupid press :finger:

Is it true that Indian press was reporting yesterday that Symonds was wired so he could record any sledge from the Indians ???
yah they showed the mic hanging beneth Symonds T Shirt more than couple of times... but i am not sure what the purpose was . harsha bhogle said "may be the purpose was to record few things"

Nothing to do with that, Symonds was wired in the last Twenty20 against NZ too. Gilly was wired and he was top notch in his comments. Prior facing Sreesanth he mentioned Sreesanth has excellent slower ones and mean bouncer. He mentioned he needs to watch out for those. When Sreesanth bowled a bouncer and Gilly was saying how good a ball that was but Sreesanth probably thought Gilly was sledging him. Gilly said something like "Young Sreesanth thinks I'm sledging and is eye balling". He turned to Sreesanth and said "I'm not sledging mate, that was a top ball" or something. It was great to hear Gilly's thoughts while he was batting. Unfortunately he's retiring soon and we'll miss these golden comments. It's a lot of eduction to up coming cricketers. I wish the likes of Lara, McGrath, Rahul and Tendulkar were wired too.

they usually wire a couple of guys in the 20/20 games. Gilchrist's comments were very interesting to hear. He was reading the game so well, atleast in his mind. As Ravi mentioned, one of the best part was the Sreesanth commentary. Another thing Gilly mentioned was the use of signs if the bowler is going to bowl a slower ball in that case of Bracken. Sehwag was a bit funny.

Nothing to do with that, Symonds was wired in the last Twenty20 against NZ too. Gilly was wired and he was top notch in his comments. Prior facing Sreesanth he mentioned Sreesanth has excellent slower ones and mean bouncer. He mentioned he needs to watch out for those. When Sreesanth bowled a bouncer and Gilly was saying how good a ball that was but Sreesanth probably thought Gilly was sledging him. Gilly said something like "Young Sreesanth thinks I'm sledging and is eye balling". He turned to Sreesanth and said "I'm not sledging mate, that was a top ball" or something. It was great to hear Gilly's thoughts while he was batting. Unfortunately he's retiring soon and we'll miss these golden comments. It's a lot of eduction to up coming cricketers. I wish the likes of Lara, McGrath, Rahul and Tendulkar were wired too.
And this is just when I thought that Gilly couldn't go higher in my esteem. His retirement would really be a loss to cricket as a whole. And would take out half the manners from the australian team.
sehwag was jokes when they were interviewing him the commentator asked him about the pitch and he said it wasnt a good pitch for bowlers (and that after india were bolwed out for 74) :hysterical:
not only that... they were testing out if the mic's worked properly. So Mark Taylor and Mark Nicholas were saying "hello.. check 1.. 2..3" Veeru's response " I hear you... what do you want" :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I cracked up