Naeem Rashid

sandeep

Bit late to this, since I tend to avoid reading too much on tragedies.  But this guy is a legit hero who deserves to be appreciated by all mankind.  

Think about the scenario - you are unarmed, defenceless in your place of worship - a safe place where you gather with your family and community.  Suddenly you are being shot down by a crazy dude with automatic gunfire.  To react the way he did, is awe inspiring.  One would hope that you would react similarly, and attempt to save your loved ones by putting your own life on the line.  Its a calculation and an act that has to happen instinctively in a split second.  Whatever else he may have done or not done in his life, is separate.  The way he reacted in that moment, the moment that led to the end of his life, was glorious.  

:hatsoff:to him.  

4 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I thought he was trying to push him aside and run through since it was the exit way. Didn't try to see the footage again for obvious reason. Far too depressing.

I haven't seen the footage, and don't want to.  Feels wrong to give the murderer what he wanted.  

And even if he acted out of sheer self-preservation instinct, its still worthy of praise - it was the right move, no matter how high-risk, it had the best odds of survival.  Still takes courage to front up un-armed against a madman with a gun intent on murder.

Edited by sandeep