Is it time to bring back Ganguly?

Gambit

Re: Is it time to bring back Ganguly? well its quite immature decision to bring him to odi squad now, though i from my heart wants to see him in odi playing wc 07... thing is he isnt performing well in domestic cricket..... what we need is ganguly's captaincy and his batting, captain is dravid so leave the talk of captaincy away, and ganguly is just not performing up to mark in domestic circuit, so hence it would be better to bring some other person in team then ganguly.... so yaa, my heart says yes, but my mind says no...

Re: Is it time to bring back Ganguly? I don't think bringing over the hill batsmen like Ganguly and Laxman will do anything positive for our one-day team. They can still prove valuable in test cricket. What India really needs is flat pitches to start off the season so batsmen can get going. We struggled in 2004 because our first tournament was in Sri Lanka and none of the ODI batsmen could find their rhythm.

Re: Is it time to bring back Ganguly? Just replacing non performers with "somebody" aint gonna help. There is nothing Laxman & Ganguly have done recently to merit a recall. I'll throw out Raina & Kaif and replace them with Gambhir, Yuvraj (hopefully he's fit for the wcup). Compared to the chances given to Kaif & Raina, Gambhir must consider himself, a tad unlucky. He must be seen as a batsman (who could be used anywhere), not just as an opener

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Is it time to bring back Ganguly?

How someone who cant buy a run in county or Ranji help the Indian side is beyond me?
Time to wake up ye dreamland mein rahne ki aadat chhor do mian aur scorecard check kar liya karo once in a while..

Time to wake up ye dreamland mein rahne ki aadat chhor do mian aur scorecard check kar liya karo once in a while..
Yeah help me out. As far as I know Ganguly did not get into double figures in the entire county season and scored one century on a flat track in Duleep followed by more failures in Ranji whereas the likes of Badrinath have been piling on the runs.

Yeah help me out. As far as I know Ganguly did not get into double figures in the entire county season and scored one century on a flat track in Duleep followed by more failures in Ranji whereas the likes of Badrinath have been piling on the runs.
I agree including Ganguly is a lateral move. They should have tried VVS.

Ganguly I dont know, but it seems like Ganguly would interfere with the captaincy of Dravid and create even more Chaos. Not to mention i dont remember the last time Ganguly has scored a century against a quality besides Bangladesh who are not quality. His ability to handle short balls will work to an advanatage. Ganguly cant even handle short pitch deliveries, hes scared to face Shoaib Akhtar comeon for gods sake. I dont want to see Ganguly floored to the ground making India look even more stupid