Zak among Wisden Cricketers of the year

England's Ryan Sidebottom and West Indian Otis Gibson, who is also fast bowling coach for the England team. Gibson, who played two Tests for the West Indies in the 90s, is one of the senior-most players to be named. Last year at the age of 37 he took all ten wickets for 47 runs for Durham against Hampshire in the English county championship. The other two chosen are West Indies batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul, who played a gallant, lone hand in his side's losing cause in England last year and England all-rounder Ian Bell.
All rounder Bell? WTF?
For the first time, five legendary cricketers who for some reason or the other were never named among Wisden's Five, have been profiled. These include former India captain and left-arm spinner Bishan Singh Bedi, who is profiled by former England captain Mike Brearley. The other four are Pakistan batsman Inzamam-ul Haq, West Indies fast bowling great Wes Hall, Australian pace legend Jeff Thomson and Pakistan's master leg spinner of the 80s, Abdul Qadir.
http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2008/apr/08zaheer.htm

Wow! Not too sure if Zaheer deserves to be in there. Sure he has a couple of good test matches but getting inside Wisden was not a cakewalk. You had to be very consistent in an entire summer. Then again maybe thats what clinched for Zaheer, he bowled exceedingly well in counties when he was out of Indian team. Maybe that clinched the deal.

Otis Gibson has also been doing a great job as the English team's bowling consultant.
I beleive he is in for a very good season with one of the counties. I remember him running through some strong batting lineups and if my memory serves me right he once took 10 wickets in an innings(Zaheer also had a 9 wicket haul in an innings). And yes he seems to be doing quite good as bowling consultant.