SRK dug-out row

bobbydhillon

Shah rukh banned from dugout and dressing room of kkr SRK hurt at being barred from visiting team dressing room 18 May 2008, 2359 hrs IST,PTI Print Save EMail Write to Editor KOLKATA: Bollywood superstar and Kolkata Knight Riders owner Shah Rukh Khan on Sunday night expressed disappointment at the ICC Anti Corruption Unit barring him from going to the team dug out and dressing room in the remaining matches. "I like to hang around with the boys. I am very energetic. I am very disappointed that the ICC has stopped me. I don't know the ICC rules. I'll tell only one thing. Nobody dare stop me from coming to Kolkata. I'll be here whenever my team plays a match at the Eden," Khan said. Earlier in the day, the Anti Corruption Unit officials had cautioned the actor about going into the dressing room and the team dug out during the Indian Premier League match between Kolkata Knight Riders and Chennai Super Kings. Sources said later they directed the matinee idol to stay away from these areas in the remaining matches of his team. Asked about the Knight Riders' defeat against the Chennai side, he said, "You play the game to win. We feel sad when the boys lose. But such things happen. "I work hard. I want them to work harder. I would have liked the Kolkata Knight Riders to reach the final," he said. On the Knight Riders's success as a brand, SRK said "With the help of colleagues we've done something for this. Still there is a long way to go before it becomes the number one sporting brand". Khan said he was overwhelmed by the response of the Kolkata public and conceded the gate sales had fetched him twice the amount he had expected.

Why? What is wrong in Shah Rukh Khan being in the team room. He is the team owner. Would you ban Mark Cuban in the Dallas Mavericks? ICC would do well to focus on improving the game rather than looking for something good to go

Why? What is wrong in Shah Rukh Khan being in the team room. He is the team owner. Would you ban Mark Cuban in the Dallas Mavericks? ICC would do well to focus on improving the game rather than looking for something good to go
Agree.

He was sitting in the oppositions dug out the other day ICC trying to take precautions against match fixing or something

Agreed and I liked what SRK has said, "I'll tell only one thing. Nobody dare stop me from coming to Kolkata. I'll be here whenever my team plays a match at the Eden". "I work hard. I want them to work harder. I would have liked the Kolkata Knight Riders to reach the final," he said. SRK said "With the help of colleagues we've done something for this. Still there is a long way to go before it becomes the number one sporting brand". :omg: look how strongly he has expressed his attachment with KKR. After all he got a goose laying golden eggs for him with every on going match at Eden Garden. King Khan has also admitted the gate sales had fetched him twice the amount he had expected. Definitely, SRK is into a highly profitable succession in T20 cricket with IPL. I believe he will definitely take part in other Leagues, too. Am I correct?

Guest HariSampath

This is absolutely stupid, firstly because it is his team and he has paid for everything and has a right to go. Secondly, if at all he wanted to fix games, why should he do it in the dugout !!!??? he can meet his players at the hotel or anywhere to do it, and why, he can just do it with one phone call. Sounds silly.

Good riddance The ban makes no sense specially since he is a team owner. However, I hope I dont have to see him cheerleading KKR in another game - it seems more like an act rather than a sincere interest in the game. You have to appreciate his business sense though - he bid for KKR knowing the big advantage that eden garden provides in terms of capacity.

ICC tells SRK to keep off; Khan unfazed ICC officials pass stricture asking Kolkata IPL team owner Shah Rukh Khan not to enter the team dressing room, Diganta Guha and Ritujaay Ghosh report. More... ICC tells SRK to keep off, but Khan is unfazed Diganta Guha & Ritujaay Ghosh, Hindustan Times Kolkata, May 19, 2008 First Published: 01:32 IST(19/5/2008) Last Updated: 11:42 IST(19/5/2008) The Kolkata IPL team's performance may have hurt Shah Rukh Khan, but what is more embarrassing for the owner is the stricture passed by the ICC officials asking him not to enter the team dressing room. As per the ICC code of conduct, only the players and the technical officials can be on the ground or in the dressing room. But Shah Rukh has been mixing with the boys on the ground quite regularly. The ICC allowed him to be on the ground for the match on Sunday but had requested him not to be with the team on the ground during the course of the match. Reacting to this, Khan said, "ICC thought that I was not abiding by their code of conduct. They probably believed I was mixing too much with the boys. So they asked me not to go to the dressing room," adding, "but they are my boys and I'll always go and meet them. No one can stop me from meeting my boys. Neither the ICC nor the CBI." It was not clear whether Shah Rukh would henceforth abide by the ICC code of conduct by not coming to the dressing room. When asked about the rumours doing rounds that the team might lodge a complaint with the IPL committee against umpire Asad Rauf's decision to call a legitimate L. Balaji delivery a dead ball, he said, "I'm not a technical person. I don't know what the technical committee of the team is going to do. I leave it to them." HT found out from sources that the Kolkata IPL team officials might not take up the issue. "I don't want to look back. I don't want to punter over what could have happened, what could have been done. The net result is we have lost the match," says Shah Rukh. Despite his team's poor show in the tournament, Shah Rukh said that his team has been the most profitable and successful brand amongst all the IPL teams. "I would like to thank the people of Kolkata for making this possible and we have actually earned twice the amount we have invested."

SRK should follow ICC guidelines: BCCI BCCI Secretary Niranjan Shah says Shahrukh Khan should take permission from IPL's anti-corruption officer before entering into the players dressing room. More... Shahrukh Khan should follow ICC guidelines: BCCI Press Trust Of India Rajkot, May 19, 2008 First Published: 14:57 IST(19/5/2008) Last Updated: 15:06 IST(19/5/2008) BCCI on Monday said it has no problem with Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan sitting with his Kolkata Knight Riders' players in the dugout during the IPL matches but advised the star to follow the ICC guidelines. Talking to mediapersons in Rajkot, BCCI Secretary Niranjan Shah said, "any one can enter players' dressing room before clearing the necessary procedure and Shahrukh Khan is not exempted." "He should take permission from IPL's anti-corruption officer before entering into the dressing room," Shah said. The IPL is following ICC's code of conduct and every one should understand that and follow the ICC's rules and regulations, he said. Shah denied reports that some foreign players have not been given their wages.