Irfan or Sehwag?

Looks like the final spot in starting 11 is btwn these 2 losers. As team is pretty much set apart from 1 spot. Here is team with 1 spot up for grabs. 1 Uthappa 2 Gangs 3 Sachin 4 Dravid 5 Yuvraj 6 Dhoni 7 Pathan/Sehwag 8 Agarkar 9 Bhaji 10 Khan 11 Patel Obviousy batting line up may change, with sehawg higher up order etc. but basically 1 spot up for grabs in mangt eyes as Karthick will not be in starting 11. Who do we go for? 2 players in terrible form, sehwag batter who can bowl a bit or Pathan bowler who can bat a bit? Its a straight shoot out btwn these two.

Re: Irfan or Sehwag? I guess they have to compromise on one of them. Pathan can't bowl and Sehwag can't bat :hic: Wonder what we need the most right now, batting or bowling? I will go with Pathan considering the bowling has been fairly good of late and we can take a chance. The batting can hit nadir you don't know when. Sri Lanka are anyways adept at facing spin bowling so I would rather take a chance with Pathan's bowling than Sehwag's batting at the moment.

Re: Irfan or Sehwag?

KR ... Aggy did very well during last tour of WI in June
Agreed Bheem. It's just that whenever I start rooting for this guy , he starts failing. Quite frankly he is another Sami, although I would be the first one to admit that his ODI record is fairly good. I don't know man , I would play Pathan versus Bangladesh considering the fact that Pathan plays well against minnows and then we can go from there.

Re: Irfan or Sehwag? Sehwag, easily. Both Sehwag & Irfan are match winners at their peaks in batting & bowling resp. Ironically on current form, Sehwag is the better bowler, Pathan, the better batsman. You cannot pick one of them, based on who is the lesser mediocre cricketer, currently, which is again, arguable. If we have to pick them with that attitude, we neednt pick one of them at all. You have to choose between them, based on who has the better probability of being a match winner on game day. A struggling bowler, almost always take a lot more time to turn it around than a struggling batsman. Pathan needs to find pace, swing, line, length, variation etc. Too much work ahead of him, IMO, before he is effective. Sehwag has been scoring 20s & 30s oflate. He almost scored a 50, not too long ago. You have to believe a big knock is around the corner for Veeru. He just needs to bat himself in, in the first 5 overs. Pathan will have to sit out.

Re: Irfan or Sehwag? Really difficult chose, this! Normally, I would favor the bowlers because bowlers win you games. I have always supported the 5-bowler theory (unless you have a Waqar and Wasim in which case 4 would easily do the job of 5). However, in this case ... we have a batsman who is ridiculously out of form and a bowler who can't bowl past 70 mph. Which do you think is gonna change ... sometime soon (?) and who is gonna keep that new found form until the end of this tournament? I think Pathan has a serious problem that's hampering him, and if it doesn't go away, he must be dropped and Sreesanth given his chance. I don't know why, but I get this strange feeling that if we do make it to the finals, Pathan may just go back into his shell, get nervous and start bowling sub-75 again. Sree, I tend to see as a fellow who rises to the challenge. I want Irfan to prove me wrong. And as for Sehwag, ... one more fuck-up from this guy and bye-bye World Cup. Kaarthick seems to be way more reliable. Play Uthappa and Ganguly at the top and stick Kaarthick in the lower middle order. Just ask yourself this question: even if these two find their form, ... do you believe that they'll come good WHEN THE SITUATION REQUIRES?? :shrug: They way they've been going, I see them as a liability when Team India is in it's do-or-die moment.