Sponsoring a cricket club or a player in India

King

Why shouldn't we guys get together and sponsor a cricket club or even say a player that can't really afford a gear or something in India? I'm sure we can put together a donation module and people can donate if they wish to. Even a single dollar every now and then should do the job considering there are enough number of members here. I think we should sponsor a good cricket club in India. The cricket club should of course sport the indiancricketfans.com logo on their gear. This would be one terrific value for both this website and the upcoming cricketers. What do you guys reckon?

Re: Sponsoring a cricket club or a player in India Sponsoring a cricket club is not excatly sponsoring a poor kid. Sports is a pass time and not a necessity. I'm sure a lot of people here must be involved in serious charity already. What I'm proposing is sponsoring a cricket club collectively. I'm not referring to this move as "Charity" as for sponsoring cricket club or cricketer is concerned. It is "Sponsoring". We should not confuse the term "Sponsoring " with "Charity".

Re: Sponsoring a cricket club or a player in India

Ravi' date=' I was responding to something on the lines of "sponsoring poor kids who cannot afford cricket gear" in your unmodified post.[/quote'] I don't reckon I modified my post Dhondy. Yes individual player sponsorship was talked about in my first post but the idea was definitely not charity there. Sponsoring a cricket club would be a good one considering we are cricket related website. As for other charity goes there are good enough organizations like Unicef, Cry et al that do a great job. I don't reckon there is any cricket website that does this kind of sponsoring for cricket in India.

Re: Sponsoring a cricket club or a player in India Not a bad thought Ravi. First of all, identifying such people in need would be a practical problem. I dont know of any organization which does this sort of charity, that we can hook up with. I think, many would prefer that their dollar goes to the more unfortunate ones. There are folks who simply cannot afford the basic necessities in life. I find helping such people, more worthwhile.

Re: Sponsoring a cricket club or a player in India I have no clue as of now but just a thought. India is vast and am sure I can get some deserving club's name from the Indian players if we are able to carry forward this idea and put it into practice.

Not a bad thought Ravi. First of all, identifying such people in need would be a practical problem. I dont know of any organization which does this sort of charity, that we can hook up with. I think, many would prefer that their dollar goes to the more unfortunate ones. There are folks who simply cannot afford the basic necessities in life. I find helping such people, more worthwhile.
It is up to the individuals and of course no one is being forced to do this. This thought just crossed my mind and I thought I should express it. As for people wanting to contribute to more unfortunate ones is fine and we are not asking anyone to change that. Only those that are keen to contribute can do it otherwise it doesn't matter. Again I assert this has nothing to do with charity. "Charity" was not my idea here. Already there are enough fantastic organizations that do this as stated above. Probably it will be better off we sponsor as a website than seek individual contributions. I'm sure there will come a time when we will genererate enough revenue to do this.

Re: Sponsoring a cricket club or a player in India Fantastic idea. Set up a PayPal link, with a little outline of what we intend to achieve and the donations will roll in. I don't care about charity; all i am interested in is the publicity of ICF. If such measures help us achieve this, then i am all for it. However, i do have my doubts regarding it's potential for success. If some random cricketer in India wears our name on his sleeve, who will pay attention ? Nobody. There isn't any exposure for these guys. We will need connections to get decent cricketers at FC Level.

Re: Sponsoring a cricket club or a player in India I think we should start at a premier club level Pred. The domestic cricketer will have his team logo to sport and will not be allowed to sport anything else. From what I know the set up for club cricket is not so flashy. Majority of club cricketers use Kashmir willows that weigh half a tree. There is absolutely no dress culture i.e not all players in a club sport the same clothing. They wear what they like and some wear cream coloured cloting while some wear fair white clothing. They wear all kinds of cap, red, blue, white, hat, grey.. you name it they do. What we should look at is propose to a premier cricket club (I can get in touch with couple of current cricketers) about sponsoring the gear (trouser, top, training top, cap, vest et al) with our name/logo on it. If we have enough funding we can sponsor cricket kits and stuff. Of course all kits will bear our logo. Have a look at my couple of my cricket club caps in the attachment and you will see what I mean.

Re: Sponsoring a cricket club or a player in India I am quite intrigued by this idea. Sponsoring a club or two is all well and good, but what will this accomplish for us ? Will ICF become better known as a result of this ? What is the expected end-product of all this ? It's important to ask such questions if the monetary factor is involved. People will certainly want to know what cause their money is going to before they even contemplate the idea of a donation.

Fantastic idea. Set up a PayPal link, with a little outline of what we intend to achieve and the donations will roll in. I don't care about charity; all i am interested in is the publicity of ICF. If such measures help us achieve this, then i am all for it. However, i do have my doubts regarding it's potential for success. If some random cricketer in India wears our name on his sleeve, who will pay attention ? Nobody. There isn't any exposure for these guys. We will need connections to get decent cricketers at FC Level.
Predz u bring up a good point. Promoting our site. We wont become popular because some player wears our sweater or a cap with "indiancricketfans.com" on it, rather by the media or search engines linking us favorably because of the "charity" factor. Never underestimate the "good will" factor, it can help us in many diff ways. There is little point in discussing them here, openly.

Re: Sponsoring a cricket club or a player in India Also there are other benefits can list but just imagine news such as "ICF sponsored cricket club" appearing in the daily. There are more I cna list but this will end up becoming a potential idea for others to emulate. That has happened before too, people barrow ideas from this website on theirs.

Also there are other benefits can list but just imagine news such as "ICF sponsored cricket club" appearing in the daily. There are more I cna list but this will end up becoming a potential idea for others to emulate. That has happened before too' date=' [b']people barrow ideas from this website on theirs.
Precisely Ravi. I can think of a zillion benefits. For the same reasons, above, i didnt wanna elaborate any further.