Ponting actualy helping India

Read this Indian Express Australian captain Ricky Ponting says India may have taken rapid strides in recent times but Rahul Dravid and his men would do well do remember their propensity to perform badly abroad. "India is a dangerous side and has improved noticeably from the time when it was performing badly and the current coach (Greg Chappell) was being much criticized. But we are also not forgetting their negatives as bad travellers," Ponting said on Sunday. wish ponting has said tht in a more arrogant way... these sorta statements against one team backfires.. ex of such incidents in the past as for as i know 1.Chappells stmt against Windes that they forgot to win last year 2. Buchann's stmt during CB series tht they need some competition... guys u can add if u know some more of such stmts,, jus to add validity to my analogy..:hic: hence my belief in india winning the cup is gettint stronger now.... it mite b a stupid analogy, then again i dont mind... i hope dravid gives bak a strong reply at the finals after winning the cup..

Re: Ponting actualy helping India

wish ponting has said tht in a more arrogant way... these sorta statements against one team backfires.. ex of such incidents in the past as for as i know 1.Chappells stmt against Windes that they forgot to win last year 2. Buchann's stmt during CB series tht they need some competition...
Against India it doesnt work that way. Here is the thing(in my experience) - Indians are quite happy to be the good guys, the kind of people that comes second in 100 m dash and are happy with "Chalo I tried my best..it just wasnt in my naseeb". For a long time I have witnessed Indians getting humiliated like Ponting just did and silently wondering "Why us? We are good people. We do not deserve this". I am still wondering why Indian greats have not jumped to Sunny's defence. I would love India to beat Australia and thrust the words down Ponting's throat. Lets see if that happens.

Re: Ponting actualy helping India fully concur with what Ravi said ... first win the game and then remind Punter what his avg in India is. The so called best batsman in the world who still is yet to get out of the teens in India. continuing the fine tradition of aussie thugs for cappos (taylor excepted)

Re: Ponting actualy helping India but why would ponting drag india's test record into this when it was about a completely different issue of behaviour on the field ??? i smell something fishy here. Its almost as if ponting was waiting for some opportunity to have a go at someone. Hope the team returns the favor in an "appropriate" way...