Team as per Cricinfo

Dravid said they'd decided their XI but added that he'd rather not reveal the side. "We'd just like the opposition to spend a little more time in their team meeting, discussing 15 names rather that just 11 or 12. But we know what we are going to play and are comfortable with that." Picking India's first ten might be pretty straight-forward - seven batsman one spinner, three fast bowlers - but the final slot, a likely toss-up between Irfan Pathan and Robin Uthappa, might have caused some furrowed brows. A shock option at the top of the order or a tried and tested [and currently tepid] allrounder lower down? A sell-out Queens Park Oval crowd, with tremendous Indian flavour, is set to find out at 9 a.m. tomorrow when the captains go out for the toss. Teams India (likely) 1 Virender Sehwag, 2 Sourav Ganguly, 3 Sachin Tendulkar, 4 Yuvraj Singh, 5 Rahul Dravid (capt), 6 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk), 7 Irfan Pathan, 8 Ajit Agarkar, 9 Harbhajan Singh, 10 Zaheer Khan, 11 Munaf Patel Bangladesh (likely) 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Shahriar Nafees, 3 Aftab Ahmed, 4 Saqibul Hasan, 5 Habibul Bashar (capt), 6 Mohammad Ashraful, 7 Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), 8 Mohammad Rafique, 9 Mashrafe Mortaza, 10 Abdur Razzak, 11 Shahadat Hossain

Re: Team as per Cricinfo Pathan used to run through Bangles like a bull-dozer a year bak... can he do it again??? i am in a real dilemma whether to play him or not... people who saw the warm-ups, did he swing the ball at all??? i know, he was bowling at 75 mph..... i would like him to get his indippers..... the bangles had no clue how to play it....

Re: Team as per Cricinfo strange.... without any rhythm or form or anything, i believe, a young 22 yr old who is in reasonable shape and always a fast-medium bowler should be able to bowl 3-4 overs at 80+ atleast..... his case seems very strange....

Re: Team as per Cricinfo It will be stupid to play Sehwag, Pathan ahead of Uthappa. They both have proved time and again they are in the worst form of their life. Why risk playing them in the first game? Their turn will come against Bermuda. I would like to see Uthappa at the top blazing away demoralizing the bubly Bangladeshis early on. Then the rest of the batting will go take care of their so called good bowling attack. I would hate to see Sehwag out there in the first over edging to the keeper off some unknown Bangladeshi bowler. :shrug:

Re: Team as per Cricinfo

It will be stupid to play Sehwag, Pathan ahead of Uthappa. They both have proved time and again they are in the worst form of their life. Why risk playing them in the first game? Their turn will come against Bermuda. I would like to see Uthappa at the top blazing away demoralizing the bubly Bangladeshis early on. Then the rest of the batting will go take care of their so called good bowling attack. I would hate to see Sehwag out there in the first over edging to the keeper off some unknown Bangladeshi bowler. :shrug:
agree 100.08%

Re: Team as per Cricinfo

strange.... without any rhythm or form or anything' date=' i believe, a young 22 yr old who is in reasonable shape and always a fast-medium bowler should be able to bowl 3-4 overs at 80+ atleast..... his case seems very strange....[/quote'] He was never a fast medium bolwer in my opinion. He could bowl only few balls at 140 kmph during his peak speed.