Why did we lose? (time to analyse)

Folks, A defeat is hard to digest but common guys how many times have we gone through these kinds of hiccups while India is playing. This is more than a hiccup considering the hype of World Cup and the importance some of us give to this event. One of the positives of India is they have always come hard on crucial encounters and tried to win it. But then our final record is a flop but they have tried to beat the team in critical games. So we have something to look forward in the coming matches. Losing to Bangladesh is like a big brother beaten by younger one for sure but Bangladesh is a team which is trying to go all out and prove they are worth to have a look. India on the other hand is an overrated team by its fans. Why did India lose? 1. Batting flopped because middle order still looks at top order to give a good start 2. Failure of Tendulkar and Dravid translates into team failure What do you think?

Re: Why did we lose? (time to analyse)

Overconfidence...Complacency.... Toss Team Selection Tentative Batting in initial 15 overs..... Late Order Collapse... Ordinary Bowling in pressure situation
Add motu to the list

Re: Why did we lose? (time to analyse) Total failure by Veeru, SRT, Dhoni, RD and Uthappa Misjudgment of the pitch. No matter how you spin it, it was aggressive decision or should still be able to bat with this batting lineup or whatever, it was a wrong one in the end. The track became significantly flatter in the afternoon.

Re: Why did we lose? (time to analyse) Toss itself is luck, but he won it didn't he? As I said, they partly misread the pitch, partly were too confident that it wouldn't matter much, and exact same reasoning was applied in few occasions before as well, in the end, all of them have been wrong choices

Re: Why did we lose? (time to analyse) One of the other things is Indian fans and Indian press only reads and writes about how much India is a developed team and how they do all the training and stuffs. We kind of forget that other teams are also doing the same kind of training and getting ahead in their game. I was surprise at how much skill Bangladesh players hold with proper training they could come out real strong. Well one lesson learned, Money alone cannot bring success. You need skill too. There is no bowler with that kind of skill who can give India a lead when it comes to giving the opponents a shocker!

I would say 3 things : "Batting, Bowling and Fielding" There is no easy way to fix these.
We dont have a bowler who can be termed a killer! A bowling coach is much needed. Sehwag as an opener is not working they should let the guy bat in the middle but now he has closed that option too.

Re: Why did we lose? (time to analyse) I wouldnt blame our bowlers. We lost because of Dravid's retarded decision to bat first (remember Mumbai test vs Eng ?). His batters could have bailed him out. But as usual they bailed the opponents out.

I wouldnt blame our bowlers. We lost because of Dravid's retarded decision to bat first (remember Mumbai test vs Eng ?). His batters could have bailed him out. But as usual they bailed the opponents out.
But do you think a guy which more than 100 ODIs can make a bad decision on accessing the pitch

Re: Why did we lose? (time to analyse) ^ He certainly underestimated the Bangla bowlers & went by our batters reputation. He thought a decent total would surely put pressure on Bangla (who are still considered minnowish) while chasing. The guy Tamim Iqbal was a surprise package for me, never expected him to come out & play like the way he did

I wouldnt blame our bowlers. We lost because of Dravid's retarded decision to bat first (remember Mumbai test vs Eng ?). His batters could have bailed him out. But as usual they bailed the opponents out.
But do you think a guy which more than 100 ODIs can make a bad decision on accessing the pitch
He's been showing it again and again, so there is nothing to think or guess