Indian team: New leadership suggestions

Re: Indian team: New leadership suggestions Veer, He may not be the best in the business at the moment but unfortunately we dont have any candidates at present. Tendulkar cannot lead the team as he has failed in earlier attempts and crumbles when given a resposbility. Gangully is just back in the team and making him the captian will be a negative move. Yuvaraj and Sehwag are the next two candiates but they need more time to lead the team. Maybe in another year or two Yuvaraj can take it from Dravid. For some reason a foreigner as the coach is not going well with the team. John Wright did an outstanding job and Chappell did his job too but they are treated harshly by the Indian public for no reasons. I think if Ravi Shastri agrees for this job will be a good fit because the guy seems to know strategies and techniques atleast in paper.

Re: Indian team: New leadership suggestions Guys I think BCCI will take a safe route and keep Dravid as a captain :wall: - saying we don't have another candidate etc. Personally, I would give Yuvraj the responsibility - end of story. Look how SA made Smith the 22 year old the captain. The responsibility may bring the best out of him and the team. BTW: I think Ganguly may be one who is on the list to be culled. I don't think he will remain in the team for long. Ganguly as captain - no chance that's a laugh. Pawar will make sure of that after all Ganguly is Dalmiya's boy.

Re: Indian team: New leadership suggestions Dirty politics rather than genuine cricketing logic will take over while making these decisions. I would not be surprised if I see some absolutely outrageous changes. :doh:

Re: Indian team: New leadership suggestions I would make Yuvi a captain. Young captain is not a problem. Dravid can captain test team. Unless the message is clear, do not expect such embarassments to end anytime soon. Pathetic, to say the least. Please bringing back Saurav will only lead to disaster in the team. I would rather want to drop Sehwag/Saurav/Sachin from the team. Irrespective of him in the team or not, Sachin remains my #1 ODI player. But drop these 3 or be prepared for more of :duh: :duh: :duh:

Re: Indian team: New leadership suggestions

Make Gavaskar the CEO of BCCI(who literally runs BCCI). Coach: Ravi Shastri Bowling Coach: Venketesh Prasad Captain: Rahul Dravid Vice Captian: Yuvraj Singh for ODI's and Sachin Tendulkar for Tests
Well, looks like BCCI is following the desired menu here...

Re: Indian team: New leadership suggestions yuvi should never be made the captain... i think Dhoni can be a good choice...he can be groomed... Yuvi comes across as an irresponsible person ....infact we can try karthik as well... but i would neven make Yuvi the captain...he will promote groupism....he ia a part of Gang Viper ( Dada )...so is Bhajji and zaheer... Bhajji is set to be dropped....and Sehwa might just retain his place....

Re: Indian team: New leadership suggestions If Shastri accepts the offer then this could be the new leadership for team india: Coach-cum-manager: Ravi Shastri Captain: Rahul Dravid Bowling Coach: Venkatesh Prasad Fielding Coach: Robin Singh Vice-Captain: Sachin Tendulkar or Yuvaraj Singh

Re: Indian team: New leadership suggestions I would not want at any cost, Gavaskar to be CEO of BCCI. Granted that he plays a big role in it right now, but the man is over demanding. He is one of those people that believes that everything they know is right and it should be their way. An example is the last match between India and BD, Gavaskar frequently talked in favor of India and negative about BD but look what happened... He is way to opinionated. Granted he was a good player and even legend but he needs to stay in his limits. He even had to apologize on some of his criticisms that he recently made. I hate him the most. :tired: :mad:

Re: Indian team: New leadership suggestions

I would not want at any cost' date=' Gavaskar to be CEO of BCCI. Granted that he plays a big role in it right now, but the man is over demanding. He is one of those people that believes that everything they know is right and it should be their way. An example is the last match between India and BD, Gavaskar frequently talked in favor of India and negative about BD but look what happened... He is way to opinionated. Granted he was a good player and even legend but he needs to stay in his limits. He even had to apologize on some of his criticisms that he recently made. I hate him the most. :tired: :mad:[/quote'] First of all you need a CEO to look after the body full time(with compensation). All in the board are voluntarily serving and are either politicians or businessmen. Somebody with sound cricket knowledge and experience playing for India can contribute immensely to the development of the game and run the system fairly well. Gavaskar might be opinionated and baised here and there but will that disqualify him from becoming Indian cricket board CEO? I doubt. This is still a suggestion and board will have figure out what kind of power a CEO can have before creating this post.