Zaheer and Nehra

Texy

Great job by both guys. But what about Bhaji' date=' only bowler who had some control over the batsmen[/quote'] Bhajji was undoubtedly the best amongst all the bowlers .. it looks Bhajji is back in form in the last few matches .. his SL series has been good till now Frankly speaking it was a flat pitch and the bowlers were bad but not the worst. I would blame the fielding more who were really pathetic since the last 3 matches. The fielders have been dropping easy catches and that is a serious concern. We are consistently dropping 4-5 catches every match since the last 3 matches in addition to misfielding and leaking runs on the field. The first thing which needs to be changed is our fielding. We have never been so bad as we are fielding in this match. Even the fielding in the IPL games was better than this.

I think we need to add Bhajji in that list too, because he went for less than 6 an over i na match where over 400 runs were scored by the Opposition, it wasnt a rank turner, so there wasnt much for Bhajji in that track.He bowled magnificently and trusted his variations and the side spin more than anything. Talking about Zak and Nehra, i think the two deserves more than a bow, they were magnificent at the death, when the chips were down opposition needing just 32 in 5 overs...too easy given the chase.So at that stage to keep firing in yorkers, in the block hole almost every ball is a tremendous job, i was really happy with the way Zak and Ashish handled their nerves in the last stage, this is where experience comes in handy as Mathooze and Kandambi the two youngsters were not able to get out of their skins. Herculian task from both of them and TBH the stats of 87 runs doesnt show the true picture of how well Zak has bowled in the death overs :D Job well done for me :hail:

yes bhajji deserves an applause but even he went for few runs end of his bowling spell ....zak and nehra ....bowling outstanding in the end....specially when SL could have gotten a boundary in those last overs and would've won the game but they brought their experience together in the end... Pathan would've gifted the game in the end and so would've ishant I hope Mrs. Nehra shows up every game... every time the camera zoomed on her...we bowled better

yes bhajji deserves an applause but even he went for few runs end of his bowling spell ....zak and nehra ....bowling outstanding in the end....specially when SL could have gotten a boundary in those last overs and would've won the game but they brought their experience together in the end... Pathan would've gifted the game in the end and so would've ishant I hope Mrs. Nehra shows up every game... every time the camera zoomed on her...we bowled better
What do u mean in the end? I think SL would have won that way before the end :winky:.He cant even bowl six proper balls in an over forget about expecting toecrashers from him :hysterical:
I still think both sides could have bowled more yorkers earlier in the game. The totals would not have been so ridiculous.
Its not something you can do at will...or we'd be bowling 6 yorkers in an over.. the slightest mistake and it turns into a uicy full toss..there were plenty of low full tosses towards the end - just that the lankans couldn't capitalise.. Brilliant of Zaheer and Nehra to have brought us through even though they went for a lot during their first spell