Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration

shailesh

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration

Does he expect to get back to US without relevant papers....i guess not!Before going to US this same guy will check his papers a hundred times...but will take India for granted.... Ghar ki murgi dal barabar... Stupid pade likhe bewakoof....and then they have the gall to badmouth the entire country....
correct but even that doesn't explain two different treatment one for white guy and another for brown guy... Man mera abhi jaane ka koi pata nahin hai aur apne bete ka main PIO card ke liye aply kar chuka hun pata nahin ye itane bare bare bachche ho gaye the fir inka koi papers kyun nahin tha..

Guest dada_rocks

Baat ye hai rajeev ki...galat baat ke liye halla machate hain... Today they are showing a woman...a sister of a martyr soldier who was given a pertol pump after his death.The petrol pump was sealed for adulteration in petrol.Now this woman is doing drama in front of the whole nation.....trying to immolate herself...to get the petrol pump seal removed.
Military men hain bhai unhen sab allowed hai bechare bari pareshani mein hain :wall:

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration Vijay, Vaishali, Viraj, Vrishabh.. family of V.. Mumbai immigration was wrong.. if you dont want them to enter the country just put that family under custody.. they were waiting for fax to anyways.. inferiarity complex to skin color is there and will be there..

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration Rads response is probably the same reason why the immigration guy didn't cut them any slack. There is a general resentment against NRIs. People should not forget that the booming IT sector in India right now is because of the NRIs and what they have done for the image of Indian Software Professionals world over. Half of the country's foreign exchange reserves in 2002 was from NRI deposits. Let's not make our own people our enemy just because they have decided to settle down outside the country for various reasons. We need to cut them whatever slack possible. Focus your attention on Pakistanis and for that matter the French.

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration what do you mean my reason? I am just happy to see for a change someone following rules... So you want NRIs to get special previlages.....something like a greater citizenship....or maybe...be grateful and rollover you natives kind of previlages.Why can't rules be the same for everyone? If you say that officials should be courtious...i agree... If you say they should be considerate ...i agree... But if you saythat they should ignore some rules because someone is an NRI and like you said helping the country with his IT money......i don't. And i am extremely pissed at the guy first making a callous mistake and then bad mouthing all Indians.....

Let's not make our own people our enemy just because they have decided to settle down outside the country for various reasons.
Reminds me of that song Mohabbat ab tijarat ban gayi hai Tijarat ab Mohabbat ban gayi hai Kabhi tha naam iska bewafai magar aajkal ye behayai shareefon ki sharafat ban gayi hai Tijarat ab mohabbat ban gayi hai... (movie - Arpan voice - Anwar) I have seen many NRI's trying to get pregnant when they are in US and atleast a couple of them have looked me in the eyes and mentioned so their kids are born American citizens. Yet they are also the first to claim they are Indian. Mind you when these NRIs go to India it becomes a land of poors, pollution and these Indians never survive unless they use "bottled water". Give me a good reason as to why should I have any sympathy for someone who is ashamed of "being Indian"? xxx

what do you mean my reason? I am just happy to see for a change someone following rules... So you want NRIs to get special previlages.....something like a greater citizenship....or maybe...be grateful and rollover you natives kind of previlages.Why can't rules be the same for everyone? If you say that officials should be courtious...i agree... If you say they should be considerate ...i agree... But if you saythat they should ignore some rules because someone is an NRI and like you said helping the country with his IT money......i don't. And i am extremely pissed at the guy first making a callous mistake and then bad mouthing all Indians.....
You said:
They probably expected to get royaletreatment because of their greencards.
How do you know they expected to get royal treatment? If so, why did they carry their own passports? Why do you not think this was just oversight on part of the parents in a hurry to leave? They said they are getting the papers faxed. The guy gave them 45 minutes. Why not a little longer? The papers arrived apparently 10 minutes later. And what is the reason why the french guy got a visa on the spot? Unless we know the difference between the cases, as of now I have to conclude this as a case of simply being indifferent to your own. No one is saying NRIs should be walking in without proper documents and should expect royal treatment. What we are saying is that, in the unfortunate circumstance (whatever it may be) that someone NRI lands up with their kids without the proper documentation, try your best to help them instead of driving them back.

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration Well if the person makes stupid mistakes which they wouldn't dare make anywhere else ...then the least they can do is not bad mouth the whole country .The same treatment is given to people all over the world ....but gallian apne desh ke liye he hain. Point is .....they wouldn't dare take US for granted ...but India hai to chaltahai....... May be they should get their act together before they can be ashamed of being Indians.

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration I am sorry but generally NRI's feel they can easily get away with things when they come to India. You do see them with high noses while standing in that NRI Line which is faster than those for the Indians ( j/k ) But seriously, we really don;t know the whole storyas there are always 2 sides of a coin Why don't they publish stories when we are harsassed at US airports? but when it comes to India..its national headlines I will tell you something about checking visas..my Candian permanent resident paper was slighty torn and I checked with the airlines before flying..they said NO WAY I spent almost 20,000 rupees for 1 night stay in Delhi 9 including airlines) to get a facilitation visa so I could fly to canada and applied for a new piece of paper when I came back When I reached Canada..they got more confused? if I am permanent resident why did I need a visa? i explaioned them about the torn part? they asked me all sorts of questions as to why was it torn..( it's a piece of paper duh ! they now have small sized cards ) Same thing came to haunt me when I got my citizenship

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration Seriously parents who are so careless and put their children through such experiences deserve a kick on their backsides...apne papers nahi bhule per bachon ka yaad nahi aaya....how do people gorget travel documents? :shrug:

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration rads, forget about this couple for a second. take my case for example. my son just got a new US passport. i am yet to go the consulate to get his visa (just lazy by nature, also i have to take a whole day off to go to San Francisco TWICE to get the work done). in the unfortunate circumstance that i have to rush to india with him tonight for a family emergency, do you think my son is entitled to get a visa on the spot, or should we all be asked to travel back? PS: he does have an old passport with visa on it which i will take with me for sure, so no problems i think :hic:

How do yo get a visa on the spot? you have to get it before flying to India right? P.S doesnt the airline check the visa before flying
airlines do check, but it is not their primary job. you can get transit visas and visitors visa at the singapore airport. i am assuming it is possible in india cause the french guy got one.

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration >>PS: he does have an old passport with visa on it which i will take with me for sure, so no problems i think you do that ...nahi to :club: ... Tumhare bete ke liye special treatment chalega.... :wtg: Yoda ...my point isvery specific to this couple... Stupid idiots ....make a callous blunder and when the authorities do what the rule says(the rule may be wrong...in which case we should blame the rule) ....they paint the whole country black .I object to the unnecessary comments at the end about the son feeling bad about india and about being ashamed of being Indians.... Well what can we say...they should be ashamed of being such indians... Don't take it personally.... :wtg:

Re: Pathetic behavior of Mumbai immigration Bheem, I am thinking of applying for the dual passport thingy and hence have avoided the PIO thing for now. BTW for regular visas, SF consulate expects you to turn up in person. No mail thing anymore. And I have to go twice, once to drop off and once to pick up. Rads, another problem I have with this whole situation is the 45 minute time limit for getting the papers faxed. Is that in the rule or did the guy just make it up?