Who Believes In Ghosts?

Zooter

I definately do. I believe in a Soul, and I think wierd sh*t can happen after you die. I don't scare easily--I can wander around in the darkness, stay by myself in isolated areas for long periods of time, etc. etc. (I even watched The Exorcist as a young teenager by myself at night :hic: ), ... ... but the one thing I don't think I want to encounter ... is like a ... ... messed up Ghost spirit entity trying to get "inside me" or something. I think I'd prolly go pale and fall over.

Re: Who Believes In Ghosts? I want to believe in ghosts. I've never had an experience with them but I've heard lots of (exaggerated) first hand accounts. Wouldn't want to have one of mine though. I don't get scared easily but have been $hit scared on a few occasions when I've slept on my own in my uncle's rather large house, surrounded by peepal trees which people say are haunted a witch. :help:

Re: Who Believes In Ghosts? I don't believe it as such but I have seen something from my own eyes which is an unexplained mystery My father also doesn't believe in ghosts but he saw it himself and said well "its unexplained". My Fathers Maasi, my maasi-grandmother, way back in 1930's lived somewhere in a village in Pakistan. Husband/Wife, no kids and they used to have these big houses, with big sorta veranda and then u had to bascially walk thru it to open the door. Her husband used to work late shifts, sometimes for days and she was quite a bold lady, used to manage alone. One night, someone knocked on the door and she, as usual, thought it's her husband. She went, opened the door and there was nobody!. She looked out, checked left/right, closed the door, turned around and suddenly someone slapped her back. She turned around, there was no one, got worried and quickly closed the door. Nonetheless, the husband came next day and she explained what happened, well at 1st instance it does seem silly but then he realized that there was an impression of 5 fingers (whole palm) on her back. It was 1930's and she must have done some pooja and stuff, now my father saw this when he was a kid and I used to always wonder how it would be. She lived in a different city, I was in Bombay so it was highly unlikely I would ever meet her. But when my grandmother passed away, she came for her sisters funeral and was staying at my place. Now, this time, I didn't know it was her and my parents were naturally in mourning But when she was leaving, my father told me its her who I told you about. I literally had goose bumps, and the poor old lady actually showed me her back. To my horror, the impression was still there since that incident about 50 yrs ago But, she said, her life was simple, nothing of that sort ever happened again and she survived. She is no more today, but I can never forget what I saw and I guess there are some things which are actually unexplained

Re: Who Believes In Ghosts? I don't believe in them, and i suppose that makes watching chilling horror films like "The Exorcist" (70's version) a lot easier. I do have a story though; recanted to me once by my uncle. He lived in the midwest a few years ago, in one of those quaint, sleepy towns. He told me of this one house on some street which wasn't put up for real estate, where people weren't allowed to go. The government had repossessed it back in the 60's or something. The myth surrounding the house was that strange things would usually occur there...for inexplicable reasons. There were accounts of people who would wake up in the dead of the night, noticing that the window pane in their kitchen was fully open (even though they closed it before turning in). The tap would suddenly start spraying water everywhere (and there was nothing wrong with the plumbing), the lights would bizarrely switch on and off, the curtains would open and then spread. There was no discernable reason why any of these things happened. People came to the conclusion that it was haunted or some spirit existed inside the house, hence it was made off-limits to the public. Now that is truly scary stuff.

Re: Who Believes In Ghosts? I don't believe in the soul and therefore, no ghosts. But there are a lot more equally paranormal explanations than just ghosts...creatures in another dimension, personal hallucinations, aliens, etc etc. Rajeev, what you are describing seems like a similar case to the stigmata syndrome where devout christians apparently experience the 'wounds of the christ' in flesh...its not explained completely but the best explanation is that it is your mind that caused the welts to appear due to the beleifs. The mind can do some crazy things if you can convince it of the truth. Some nazi experiments on this that we know of is interesting source of info for this. For example, the Nazis sometimes bound, blindfolded and tortured you. And then threatened to slice your wrists to let you die bleeding...they'd take a blunt knife and draw it sharply across your wrist so that you feel the plain and think you are bleeding...then body-temp. water is applied covertly to your wrist so simulate the feeling of blood running down...they observed that in some patients, the response was nothing, in some patients, the area around the immaginary wound would start swelling up and looking red as if the blood is clotting around it...weird stuff. The power of the mind is truely mindboggling, pardon the pun.

Re: Who Believes In Ghosts? I don't know but am sure people aren't simply stupid to have experienced similar happenings around the globe. I do believe they exist but they must be similarly shit scared of humans as we are. There could be exceptions though. I don't believe anyone's unlocked the mystery of death. There are proven instances of reincarnation and I do believe in some of the souls getting lost mid way while the transition happens. I have no personal experience but in the last house that I lived in about couple of years ago I had this strange dream having seen ghost but till today I cannot confirm it was a dream or for real. You know the dreams are usually stupid but that dream was pretty logical and wasn't stupid. In the morning I kind of felt it was just a dream but I also felt it really happened. I vividly remember having seen two ghosts next to the closet. What I can't remember are the details but I have this strange feeling it wasn't a dream. It is kind of hard to explain to be honest. I didn?t bother telling this to my family as I didn?t want to scare them. Now I feel I?m being watched at times but I brush it away as my own imagination or just ignore it. After all when there is no interaction why should I care? I have always felt the ghosts if they do exist have no access to us humans just like we have no access to them. Once in a while it is possible this rule could be broken. I don't believe the ghosts are out there looking to hurt people. I believe they are there just like we are lost in our world and scared of a lot of things.

Re: Who Believes In Ghosts? Some very interesting stories here by Rajeev and others. I do believe that there are several phenomena which are unexplained and probably will never be fully answered.Though I do not have had a first hand experiene I have heard many such stories from many friends and family and there is bound to be truth in those.....the supernatural exists!

Re: Who Believes In Ghosts?

stigmata syndrome where devout christians apparently experience the 'wounds of the christ' in flesh...its not explained completely but the best explanation is that it is your mind that caused the welts to appear due to the beleifs.
:rant: Pleazzzzzeeeeeee :wall: There is no such thing as stigmata :wall: Unless you are talking about wannabe Christian stigmata victims :lmao: There is 0000000000000000 proof of existence of ghosts. Just exaggerated stories of people who think they saw ghosts. Faith/god/ghosts all belong in the TRASH bin! If you believe in these things and start being a puss then your mind will act accordingly. The only thing I fear is alive humans :lmao: Ghosts can go f@k themselves as far as I am concerned. :rant:

If you believe in these things and start being a puss then your mind will act accordingly.
Believing doesn't mean you have to fear, you can believe but may not fear. Why would you fear anyways? I don't reckon their sole purpose is to scare the hell out of people. BTW do you believe in reincarnation?

I have heard many such stories from many friends and family and there is bound to be truth in those.....the supernatural exists!
All my friends tell me that they bagged loads of fit 6feet blond bombshells...I guess they must be telling the truth :lmao:

Re: Who Believes In Ghosts? Watch all parts if interested (must watch). It's talking about faith but same applies to ghosts Part.1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYJeP9q3Z0s Part2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-koIZhXQDvs Part3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SAgLVU_3VU Part4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YACj__MCboU Part5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP9aDttADcg