What do you guys think about new 2 Rs coin

kabira

Re: What do you guys think about new 2 Rs coin The reverse face of the coin shows stylised representation of "Unity in Diversity" a defining characteristic of our country. The symbol shall be seen as four heads sharing a common body. It shall be thought of as people from all four parts of the country coming together under one banner and identifying with one nation

Re: What do you guys think about new 2 Rs coin What does a 2 Rs coin fetch these days anyway? A cup of chai even? :doh::doh: Unneccessary stuff. Why not post freedom fighters from around the country? That shall show respect towards them and people in general shall get more aware of our bygone heroes too, specially those from other areas..surely unity in diversity. xxx

Re: What do you guys think about new 2 Rs coin mate, we cannot have Rs 50 coins, not yet. Rs 50 is a lot of money for an average Indian, and a lot of things are below the Rs 50 barrier. Hell, even meals in dhaba's can cost you less than Rs 50. Rs 10 coin, well thats a marginal call, but definately not Rs 50 coins. I was in India in december, and i was talking to this worker, in Bombay. He eats his meals, in a buffet style place, in south bombay (nana chowk), for Rs 30 a meal. and thats eat all you can.. for Rs 30... Btw, yes, you do get cutting chai for Rs 2.. even in south bombay.. so i guess itll be cheaper elsewhere...

Re: What do you guys think about new 2 Rs coin

mate' date=' we cannot have Rs 50 coins, not yet. Rs 50 is a lot of money for an average Indian, and a lot of things are below the Rs 50 barrier. [/quote'] Not really my friend. Now standard businesses are charging par to US dollars. You will be surprised to see how Rs.100 vanishes ones you getinto a store in one of the metro cities.

Re: What do you guys think about new 2 Rs coin I go to India 2-3 times a year. I live in south Bombay. I know what I'm talking about :wtg: Last time i went was in december, where i found out that there are places in south bombay where you get meals for 30 rupees. There was a building being renovated next to my house, and i was talking to the labourers. Some of them eat vada-pavs.. 4 of them, with chai.. for dinner.. that costs 22 rupees 5 rs per vada pav..(they said it was expensive here, in borivali and all they get them for 3 rupees), and chai for 2 rupees.

I go to India 2-3 times a year. I live in south Bombay. I know what I'm talking about :wtg: Last time i went was in december, where i found out that there are places in south bombay where you get meals for 30 rupees. There was a building being renovated next to my house, and i was talking to the labourers. Some of them eat vada-pavs.. 4 of them, with chai.. for dinner.. that costs 22 rupees 5 rs per vada pav..(they said it was expensive here, in borivali and all they get them for 3 rupees), and chai for 2 rupees.
After eating FDA approved food for many years you lose your conditioning to eat those vada pavs from road side so end up eating from outlets like Kaamats or Saravana Bhavan which will cost you Rs.50 and more.

Re: What do you guys think about new 2 Rs coin >After eating FDA approved food for many years you lose your conditioning to eat those vada pavs from road side so end up eating from outlets like Kaamats or Saravana Bhavan which will cost you Rs.50 and more. shame on you hc, you cant eat road side stuff any more... :hic: :hic: :hic: :hic: :hic:

After eating FDA approved food for many years you lose your conditioning to eat those vada pavs from road side so end up eating from outlets like Kaamats or Saravana Bhavan which will cost you Rs.50 and more.
Not in my case :wtg: :wtg: The first place i go to, after I land in bombay is "bade miyan", which is a roadside stall.