Should Rahul Dravid retire now???

I remember there was talk about him being dropped' date=' not sure for whom, but my guess is Yuvraj.[/quote'] Talk of being Ganguly, who's been doing well after comeback for Yuvraj who's done.... nothing in his whole career? And what's this talk you are referring about? :hmmm:
I remember there was talk about him being dropped' date=' not sure for whom, but my guess is Yuvraj.[/quote'] I seriously dont know where it came from. I have been folowing cricket for sometime now. Never heard anything of that sort except few fans assuming somthing similar. If that would have happened, then i must say anyone can Get dropped from our Team irrespective of him performing well or bad. You said he didnt retire on High, that was absolutely wrong. He and AK both Retired on high. He even scored a Ton in his 2nd last test.
from wikipedia: "[t]o be honest, I didn't expect to be picked for this series. Before coming here, [at the conference] I spoke to my team-mates and hopefully I will go out with a winning knock."[83]
Its his assumption i guess. Doesnt kill the fact he Retired on a 'High'.
You are right' date=' not sure why I thought otherwise. I think there was talk of him being dropped for the Aussie series and even Ganguly mentioned he was surprised he was picked.[/quote']
Its his assumption i guess. Doesnt kill the fact he Retired on a 'High'.
Agreed. He did go out on a high.
from wikipedia: "[t]o be honest, I didn't expect to be picked for this series. Before coming here, [at the conference] I spoke to my team-mates and hopefully I will go out with a winning knock."[83]
Alrite, just his assumptions. If the team was picked on merit then UV selected over gangs? No way.
You didnt get me' date=' I said he ended up with an average of 42, which was quite mediocre for someone as gifted.[/quote'] Yes he was an average test player no doubt about it. But he was not an average test player since his comeback. More importantly talking about high we always mean the last series what a players did. He averaged 54 in his last series with a ton. Since 2006 his comeback he never failed in any series except that SL one where everyone failed.
Yes he was an average test player no doubt about it. But he was not an average test player since his comeback. More importantly talking about high we always mean the last series what a players did. He averaged 54 in his last series with a ton. Since 2006 his comeback he never failed in any series except that SL one where everyone failed.
I won't go so far to call him average, he was an underachiever, that's true. Probably the pressure of captaincy got to him. Since comeback he's been very good. His fighting spirit is what makes him special :icflove:
So a mediocre career ended on a high? Is that right?
Thats what i was talking about. Mediocre with 16 tons? He was never as good enough as SRT, RD, VVS but Mediocre is an understatement IMO. Because his failure in his captaincy as a batsman took toll on his batting for 5 years. You should look at his average when he was not a Captain.
I won't go so far to call him average' date=' he was an underachiever, that's true. [b']Probably the pressure of captaincy got to him. Since comeback he's been very good. His fighting spirit is what makes him special :icflove:
Exactly my point in the next post.

Should rahul dravid retire now??? - How about you all retire from posting bull crap about Rahul Dravid. A legend of cricket who has won plenty of games for India. For god sake, the guy has almost scored 12k runs in test cricket plus has scored almost 11k runs in ODIS and has saved India's @ss plenty of times in both the formats. and still continues to score at decent rate. The guy knows when to retire. You guys just shouldn't talk crap about him. Shut UP ALREADY.. RAHUL DRAVD - IN BOLD FRIGGIN LETERS..

Average not in terms of a comparison with his peers, but what he had and what could have been? He was immensely gifted, but it was disappointing to see it wasnt optimized. I always have had this feeling, if he had worked a bit harder he would have been on par with the likes of RD and SRT.

Average not in terms of a comparison with his peers' date=' but what he had and what could have been? He was immensely gifted, but it was disappointing to see it wasnt optimized. I always have had this feeling, if he had worked a bit harder he would have been on par with the likes of RD and SRT.[/quote'] Agreed on that, All those who are not SRT, RD, VVS aint Mediocre IMO. This is the World's Best Middle Order. And to add to that, Had he still not retired we wont had to scratch our heads for the Number 6 bat.