Why didn't our parents ever let us play with these things ?

Predator_05

Re: Why didn't our parents ever let us play with these things ? I had loads of encounters with them as a kid. The place where I grew up was called "Nag-rota" (i.e. abode of cobras or something), a small little town in Kashmir. It can be quite traumatic trust me :lol:

Re: Why didn't our parents ever let us play with these things ? Must have been defanged or the kid would have been crying like a baby. Still FKD up man :chin: Time to start a new thread about irresponsible parents :hic:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Why didn't our parents ever let us play with these things ? that was scary.. refreshed my memory of stepping on a cobra in wintery hibernation.. ewwwwwwk

Re: Why didn't our parents ever let us play with these things ?

that was scary.. refreshed my memory of stepping on a cobra in wintery hibernation.. ewwwwwwk
You stepped on a cobra and lived to tell the tale ? Wow. Impressive. Is your name Superman by any chance ?

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Why didn't our parents ever let us play with these things ? In winter they go in kind of hibernation and are sluggish in response so u can get away with it .

Re: Why didn't our parents ever let us play with these things ? i love snakes and find them fascinating... my friend in the gym actually has a pet python... i never understood tht idiocy though... pretty cruel on the snake, trapped in a glaass box....

Re: Why didn't our parents ever let us play with these things ?

i love snakes and find them fascinating... my friend in the gym actually has a pet python... i never understood tht idiocy though... pretty cruel on the snake' date=' trapped in a glaass box....[/quote'] One of my friends had a pet python who was kept in a glass box. He would feed him a live mice every day(or perhaps every second day). There would be times when we would go together to local pet stores to get some live mice, then we would come back and he would feed the python. Once he placed a live mice in the python's glass aquarium but for some reason he didnt eat it. My friend was perplexed, he tried to coax the snake with a stick but nothing happened. He then put a second live mice and it was ate promptly. So this chap takes out the mice, thinking perhaps its a sick mice or something and the snake feels that. He gpes back, returns it. Then goes there the next week to buy a fresh lot. Guess what he gets the same mice all over again. He puts the mice in the glass jar and again he wont eat it! It was so fascinating as well as funny to see that mice go around play on top of the snake and the python just didnt care. He would eat every other mice except that one. xxxx PS: By the way I dislike those slimy creatures. Sends a shiver down my spine...

Re: Why didn't our parents ever let us play with these things ? I too have an interest in snakes and have learnt a lot about them over the years, but i find the concept of keeping one as a pet to be absolutely ridiculous. Snakes aren't tame, and never will be tame - especially those massive constrictors, ie; Boas, Pythons. One wrong move and they will lash out...they may lack the venom, but their bite alone is extremely powerful and can crush bone.