Amitabh in Deewar

Mandrake

Re: Amitabh in Deewar Superb movie Deewar was. It is not one of those movies that is great simply because of its star values. Amongst other reasons why that movie is a classic are: 1) As original a movie as ever was, no copying/inspiration crap. 2) One of the best script ever, thanks to Salim-Javed. Just look at how the writers throw a topic out there and after a moment or two the dialogue comes full circle only to hit you in the gut! The first time little Amitabh says "Main phenke huye paise nahin uthata" you admire the little boy, then when he grows up and says the same that single sentence is enough to say everything about him. No histrionic, nothing. Davar (Ifthikhar) knows immediately that this is a chap whom you have to respect no matter how big he himself is. Or the classic scene where AB, Shashi Kapur and Nirupa Rai share their moments. AB in a heart wrenching moment says, "Pahle uska sign lekar aao jisne ye likh diya..ye..mere haath pe..Mera baap chor hai"...you can not help but go all teary eyed for Amitabh then..but within a second you are brought down to earth when Nirupa Roy says, "Jisne tere haath pe likha woh tera kaun tha? Lekin tu to mera tha..mera apna khoon..tune kaise mere maathe pe likh diya ke mera beta chor hai".. Baap re I feel a chill just writing about those scenes. I would say Amitabh Bacchan got extremely lucky that he had the solid scripts of Salim-Javed(Deewar, Sholay, Shakti) etc that brought the best out of him. xxx

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Amitabh in Deewar In fact even amitabh thinks it's the best movie he was part of and also considers in Hindi film industry better script has never been written, not yet for sure. :wtg:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Amitabh in Deewar

my dad reckons, AB was best in Shakti. I tend to agree with him. At times he outplayed Dileep Kumar..
I don't know who said but it's said about AB, "Perfection is chimera but u certainly can get close to it as Ab had shown over the years." It's not just acting the guy oozes knowledge and confidence. On KBC when one guy won 1 crore the last question was very uncommon constitutional one and the person sitting in hot seat ( an IAS aspirant) had already shown his breadth of knowledge but still was not sure about the answer and risking 40 lakh would have been too much for him but AB in his own inimical style did give him hint that whatever he was thinking was right answer and he should go ahead with it. There u could see an anchor knowledgable and well-read. He is not one of those myriad actors and actresses who fall in the description of "kuchh nahin kar sake rather aur kuchh ke layak nahin hain to acting to kar hi lenge." In deewar boy his eyes and demeanour say it it all he doesn't even have to open his mouth. :hail:

Re: Amitabh in Deewar Deewar was an absolutely terrific movie. A lot gelled together in the movie based on a gripping script and screenplay by Salim-Javed. There is an offbeat movie by Hrishikech Mukherjee called Alaap in which Amitabh has done a superb job. Its a pretty slow movie but an extremely touching one.

Re: Amitabh in Deewar Yup, I think the role of Sharabi wasn't that easy. I mean he was a perfect drunk in that movie who spoke truth everytime One of my fav dialoques in that movie was when he says " Munshi ji Aap Nau Lakhe Haar ki Baat Karte hain, wahan pe ek ek aasu ek lakh ka hain, do wahan se tapke, 2 yahan se, pitaji ko pata chalta to kehte pyar kiya to usme bhi ghata" He was class in Silsila as well, especially during the Amitbah-Rekha affair time, some say they still meet Shakti, Lawaris. Kaala Pathar, Satte pe Satta, Namak Halal, Kalia ( superb acting and great songs ), The Great Gambler, Don, Trishul, Kasme Vaade I am a big fan of Dllip and Dev as well, movies had so much depth I just love to sit in a quite dark room and watch these oldies

Re: Amitabh in Deewar This is my all time favourite movie. AB in this movie is simply incomparable! This proves that to enact a character that is raging and smoldering inside and has been through hurt and emotional trauma, one doesn't have to constantly shout and scream. (case in point: SRK in Devdas :wink: ). AB's eyes convey so much hurt and angst. Even his smile(first meeting with Parveen) conveys immense sadness.

Re: Amitabh in Deewar 2 scenes in this movie are etched in my memory: 1. The way he blocks the elevator door with his shoe, and gets into the elevator with Samanth 2. How he explains that buying the building on which his mom had worked as a laborer to raise her kids wasnt a "ghaate ka sauda" just one word - fantastic!!