Zaheer returns and Raina rested for remaining New Zealand ODIs

Sachin=GOD

Zaheer Khan, the India fast bowler, has been included in the squad for the remaining three ODIs against New Zealand after he missed the third Test and the first two ODIs with a groin strain. Praveen Kumar, who missed the first two ODIs with a fever, also made a comeback. The Indian selectors also gave Suresh Raina a break for the rest of the series following comments by MS Dhoni saying the batsman needed a rest. Sreesanth, too, didn't feature in the squad. Both of them will presumably leave for South Africa early to prepare for the Test series, which begins on December 16. Rohit Sharma, the Mumbai batsman who was dropped after the tri-series in Sri Lanka in August, is part of the squad for the fourth and fifth ODIs. Rohit is currently representing Mumbai in a Ranji Trophy game against Gujarat in Valsad, which won't finish before the third ODI that will be played in Vadodara on December 4. Medium-pacer R Vinay Kumar will stay with the team for third ODI, but will be released to play for Karnataka by the time the fourth and fifth ODIs arrive. The only other change in the squad for the fourth and fifth games is Parthiv Patel taking over wicketkeeping duties from Wriddhiman Saha, who might also be leaving for South Africa. Squad for third ODI: Gautam Gambhir (capt), M Vijay, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Saurabh Tiwary, Yusuf Pathan, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), R Ashwin, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Praveen Kumar, Munaf Patel, Ravindra Jadeja, R Vinay Kumar. Squad for fourth and fifth ODIs: Gautam Gambhir (capt), M Vijay, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Saurabh Tiwary, Yusuf Pathan, Parthiv Patel (wk), R Ashwin, Ashish Nehra, Munaf Patel, Zaheer Khan, Praveen Kumar, Ravindra Jadeja, Rohit Sharma.

Good move giving ZK a max of 20 overs run out before SA series. 20/20 run outs tuned him nicely for test series against aus , so same method being deployed again. Also good that basically all test players getting rests and preperation for SA series, apart from GG and ZK. Also of course tremendous news that Rohit is back. OF course continued selctions of Nehra and Jadeja and Pathan are poor moves

they shudnt have dropped sreesanth he is now in peak form and it seems he shud have continued bowling now as he wud clearly prove that he is a premier bowler and who knows he can be picked ahead of nehra as Praveen and Zak are confirmed for world, if sreesanth bowls like this he will prove that he is much better than nehra. nehra was bowling at 122 to 129K where as sreesanth bowled a 144K delivery to clean bowl kyle mills and was bowling between 133 to 144 K...his yesterday's spell was deadly on a flat track and am kinda waiting to see him bowl in south africa.... I feel this time sreesanth and ishant will outperform Zaheer in south Africa as both these guys are in top form of their bowling form. Beware Africans....if the batters support India and bat well and score 300 plus runs consecutively i am sure we are winning this time. Vishal

I feel this time sreesanth and ishant will outperform Zaheer in south Africa as both these guys are in top form of their bowling form. Vishal
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves with Ishant's form. Its just one match that he has done well in. Prior to that he was actually dropped for poor form.
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves with Ishant's form. Its just one match that he has done well in. Prior to that he was actually dropped for poor form.
Can you tell me when was he dropped due to poor form? As far as I can remember, he played both the tests against Bangladesh, both the tests against SA, all three tests against SL in SL, that epic Mohali test vs Australia where he scored that historic partnership with a wounded Laxman despite himself being injured and was ruled out for the next match; and then he returned, fully fit once Zaheer limped out against NZ in the 3rd test. So I can't remember him being dropped from the team due to poor form, this year. Maybe you remember something extra?

Zaheer?wasnt he supposed to leave early for SA.we need him more in SA Nohit:wall:wats selectors love with him.why not Pujara who has a superior FC record or Dhawan or even Uthappa,Rohit is pure failure in ODIs.now Tiwary wont get a look in. PaPa back.it means Saha will dropped come what may however he does in 3rd ODI:hmmm: good move to rest Sree.is looking in great rythm,but in ODIs,a terrible performance is not too far away for him.so no point destrying his rythm before SA series also M.Vijay has enough chances. need to try Dhawan who was dropped after a single ODI

Can you tell me when was he dropped due to poor form? As far as I can remember, he played both the tests against Bangladesh, both the tests against SA, all three tests against SL in SL, that epic Mohali test vs Australia where he scored that historic partnership with a wounded Laxman despite himself being injured and was ruled out for the next match; and then he returned, fully fit once Zaheer limped out against NZ in the 3rd test. So I can't remember him being dropped from the team due to poor form, this year. Maybe you remember something extra?
He was dropped from the odi squad i think. I know I'm conflating the two forms of the game, but he was pants in both forms of the game for some time. And although he was part of our squad for NZ he only was picked on account of Zaheer's injury.