KKR IPL King Khan's Thread

Watson87

Even as Sourav Ganguly remained cooped up in his Behala residence for the fourth consecutive day, thousands of his fans were very busy campaigning against the Kolkata Knight Riders and team owner Shah Rukh Khan on social networking sites. While some of them have formed groups and opened pages, others are sending out chain SMSs, urging one and all to join in and condemn the humiliation meted out to Sourav. Suhel Banerjee created a group on Facebook two days ago and named it 'Boycott Kolkata Knight Riders in IPL 4'. "Already 163 people have joined the group so far, most of them I don't even know. I will not watch a single Knight Riders match at the Eden Gardens this time and I am urging everyone to boycott them," said Suhel, who works and lives in Mumbai. "I have switched my allegiance to the Mumbai Indians. Being a Kolkata boy, I used to connect with KKR primarily because of Dada. After what they have done to him, I hate KKR," Suhel made his stand clear. Numerous pages have popped up on Facebook over the past few days, all supporting Sourav. 'No Dada, No IPL' is one such page. On last count, 1,215 had clicked on the 'like' icon on the page to register their appreciation. Another page, 'No Dada, no KKR' has 1,457 followers, some of whom have also vowed to boycott SRK's movies in future. Susmita Dasgupta and Piyali Basu, both housewives, did not miss a KKR match last year because of Dada and Shah Rukh. "We have decided that this year no one from our families will watch IPL matches or Shah Rukh's films," both said in unison, clearly a trifle agitated. The ground reality was no better for the matinee idol, whose effigy was burnt for the second consecutive day on Tuesday.
Saruk back ke rehna re baba

Potential KKR Team

Saruk back ke rehna re baba
Shreevats Goswami (WK) Gambhir Kallis Morgan Pathan Tiwary Sakib Lee Shahbaz Nadeem Abu Nachim Unadkat 7 bats, 7 bowlers big hitters, ecnomical bowlers in Sakib and Nadeem right fast and left handed hit the deck guys in lee and unadkat swing bowlers in abu and kallis Only missing a leggie, they can try Samad Qadri from Jharkhand if they want. It has all the bases covered. All they need is gel as a team and deliver. I dont think they needed to pick Murli. They already have 2 more than decent lefty in the team. They should go and find an offie now. And probably cpl of decent batsmen to backup Shreevats and Tiwari.

Shreevats Goswami (WK) Gambhir Kallis Morgan Pathan Tiwary Sakib Lee Shahbaz Nadeem Abu Nachim Unadkat 7 bats, 7 bowlers big hitters, ecnomical bowlers in Sakib and Nadeem right fast and left handed hit the deck guys in lee and unadkat swing bowlers in abu and kallis Only missing a leggie, they can try Samad Qadri from Jharkhand if they want. It has all the bases covered. All they need is gel as a team and deliver. I dont think they needed to pick Murli. They already have 2 more than decent lefty in the team. They should go and find an offie now. And probably cpl of decent batsmen to backup Shreevats and Tiwari.
:finger: Nechim has signed for Mumbai :hehe:

Morgan too is a wicket keeper..he can keep wickets if necessary

they will play varun aaron this time...they have quite a few options like Eklak Ahmed too is a good left pacer faster than Unadkat as well as Sujoy tarafdar from Assam and Ranjit kumar Mali both are good enough too

Shreevats Goswami (WK) Gambhir Kallis Morgan Pathan Tiwary Sakib Lee Shahbaz Nadeem Balaji/Vaon Aron Unadkat Still looks pretty strong assuming Lee and Kallis are fully fit. One thing KKR did right this time is got 2 best allrounders of world and 2 of top Indian batsmen. If they can find couple more decent Indian batsmen they will do well.

Ganguly, a victim of 'politics': WB minister KOLKATA: Former Team India captain Sourav Ganguly, who found no takers at the recent IPL 4 auction, was a victim of "dirty politics", a West Bengal minister said on Thursday. "Dirty politics played was by the private players during the two-day IPL player auction in Bangalore' recently," Urban Development Minister Asok Bhattacharya alleged. "It's most unfair for a player of Sourav's stature. Throughout his career he had been a victim of conspiracy, otherwise he could have turned up for another couple of years for the country," the minister said. "Has 'dada', my most favourite cricketer, not been the most successful Indian cricket captain till date?" the minister, who enjoys personal rapport with the former Kolkata Knight Riders icon, asked. Ganguly, who captained KKR in the inaugural and 2009 season, was completely ignored in two rounds of players' auction for the fourth edition starting April 8. KKR co-owner Shah Rukh Khan on Wednesday said leaving out Ganguly from the team was a decision taken by the "cricketing brains" of the franchise and not by him.
:WTF: :wall:

Ok this is getting quite ridicilous with the Ganguly thing. Maybe Ganguly had a bit of fault in it aswell. Who in the world told him to raise his base price. Not to mention he is 39 and its not just a 1 year contract. By the time his contract ends he will be a 40+ old man. Tsss ... politicians ... if they only had a brain! ... If i was in KKR's head then I woudn't want a 40+ old man in the team either. Am a big Ganguly fan but this is just getting to stupid! The spenders has all the right to choose who they want.

Kolkata: Kolkata Knight Riders have roped in Mumbai all-rounded Iqbal Abdulla and Himachal Pradesh wicketkeeper Manvinder Bisla in their line-up for the coming fourth edition of the Indian Premier League. "We have signed deals with Iqbal and Bisla," said a KKR official. The official said the team was also in talks with stumper Shreevats Goswami, who was earlier with the Royal Challengers Bangalore. Abdullah has been a part of the KKR since the maiden IPL season, but played in only four games. Bisla would be playing in his second IPL season this year after having made his debut in 2010 for Kings XI Punjab.
http://cricketnext.in.com/news/knight-riders-sign-abdullah-bisla/53277-13.html

They will fail again imol. But will do better then the last 3yrs. They will finish in middle of the pack.
WTF :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: How can if 'we do better than last 3 years' Can finish in the middle of the Pack?:hysterical: Do some maths boy, we were level with points with other two semifinalists last season.