Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin Great innings from Lara. I couldn't help but think how Sachin would have batted under the exact same conditions. But Lara was quite careless as well. He was lucky that one of his early pull shots landed just short of the fielder and the fielder did not make enough effort to go for the catch. Also, just before his 100, he tried another risky pull shot which top edged and landed in no man's land.

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin

hence...if same achievement ....then same credit ...no?????? :chin:
Radhika, Anakin's point is that even within the same era when the bowling attacks were stronger ie. in the 90s Tendulkar was by far the better batsman.
If he could achieve so much against a better attack...why mediocre against a mediocre attack? And ponting is probably better now...and the final achievements will be a mean of all times... Sorry bheem bhai...i guess i was too busy gossiping ... :hic: . Will try to go back some day and read them..... :duh: waisay ...do they support my case or anakins...? :chin:

If he could achieve so much against a better attack...why mediocre against a mediocre attack?
Injuries, loss of form etc. The likes of Kambli, Ajay Sharma etc. all have better FC averages(mediocre attacks) than Tendulkar, Lara, Ponting etc. Doesn't make them better batsmen. No one is denying that Ponting is a modern great but the quality of the bowling attacks need to be considered as well.

No one is dissing sachin dsr....just wondering why others are not given due credit....? It is just that i can't ever get into the heads of sachin and amitabh worshippers...I find them overemotional and quite illogical.... :hic:
What the hell has amitabh got to do with it. He is an actor thats all, anyone can be an actor. He is not better actor then others just has image and PR which makes us all like him. The celebrity world is diff then sporting world. As in sporting world it is all about how good you are, not who you know and wether you are good looking or not. Sachin is a genius. He has shown that by the performances and overwhelming stats which he will improve beyond anyone. 2 out of last 3 wc's top run scorer. Most hundreds in tests and odi's. Most odi runs and many many more. Apart form the stats there is the unquantifiable magic of his batting and technique. When in fool flow he is an MCC coaching master class like no other can do. He is a genius so worthy of worship. Especially those who have seen him in his pomp and glory in 90's. I grew up with Sachin as similar age. He has given me some of my happiest moments. What a player.

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin >>>What the hell has amitabh got to do with it. He is an actor thats all, anyone can be an actor. He is not better actor then others just has image and PR which makes us all like him No need to be rude....what did I write?...? All i wrote was i don't understand... you do?...good for you !

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin we just ran from one fanatic site. let's not make this another one. sachin is a great player. he is no god. he has failed more often than not recently, which makes him a lesser player overall. you don't look at the certain period in the 90s and call a player's career. and, we are talking tests here. the number of centuries don't mean much. you keep playing, the centuries will pile up. i will go by average. and as far as I am concerned a 100 and a 30 is worse than a 70 and a 60.

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin This is not another fanatic site just FYI. The problem with mean/average is this, say you played brilliantly against superb bowling for a decade and then you get serious injuries which affects your form. Another guy played mediocre against good bowling but has been blasting away mediocre bowling now. Averages will be similar, but common sense should tell you the difference. And @Yoda, nobody is saying SRT is god. It's just an expression used quite often by many for geniuses in every field. He has failed often recently, but he was supreme against much superior bowling for over a decade. Doesn't make him any lesser batsman.

hence...if same achievement ....then same credit ...no?????? :chin:
Missing the point entirely. Ponting never played in early 90s, against probably the strongest bowling lineup in recent history. Even till early 2000 Ponting wasn't all that great. Actually Ponting's rise could very well show the timeline of diminishing bowling strength worldwide.