Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin Take a look at this. SRT,BCL and RTP after their respective 100th tests. SRT - [code:b6ec242367]100 160 15 8405 217 57.96 30 34[/code:1:b6ec242367] BCL - [code:1:b6ec242367]100 176 5 8916 375 52.14 23 42[/code:1:b6ec242367] RTP - [code:1:b6ec242367]100 166 23 8253 257 57.71 28 32[/code:1:b6ec242367] SRT had 2 more tons than RTP in 6 less innings and 7 more tons in 16 less innings than BCL. Now RTP has 4 less tons in 36 less innings and BCL has 1 less ton in 19 more innings. SRT should have retired after this 100th test. :help: Kya hoga? Who will win? :help: :help:

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin Agree with predator ....they will overtake sachin .....and deservedly so..... I would rather sachin get ducks in every match but take 3-4 wickets... India always has a better chance of winning when he performs with the ball rather than the bat.....and i always lose hope when he scores a century...sad but true.... :Cry:

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin

Agree with predator ....they will overtake sachin .....and deservedly so..... I would rather sachin get ducks in every match but take 3-4 wickets... India always has a better chance of winning when he performs with the ball rather than the bat.....and i always lose hope when he scores a century...sad but true.... :Cry:
Typical of someone not following cricket long enough :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I suppose 8/33 and 11/35 totally missed your eyes. I forgot to ask why deservedly so? And how better batsmen they are than SRT? Should be fun to know. Ponting got something like 20/21 in the last 4 years. Beating up the weak bowling seems to be one thing he's gotten very good at along with few others.

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin Well if they can score more than him...how are they anylesser than him? ....and I don't Care too much for that pompous lara but that ass ponting is more consistant than sachin and if he manages to score more no of centuries than he deserves to be called more deserving.

Well if they can score more than him...how are they anylesser than him? ....and I don't Care too much for that pompous lara but that ass ponting is more consistant than sachin and if he manages to score more no of centuries than he deserves to be called more deserving.
Again you probably were not watching when Ponting struggled against most bowling attacks when the overall quality wasn't so mediocre. Around 21 100s in the last few years highlights the point. Lara may be pompous, but at least played well against much better bowling. And to your question, they are lesser because right now they've been beating up weak bowling more consistently. When the bowling was better they were nowhere to be seen.

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin An absolute masterclass from Lara. Cant wait to watch the highlights. It all depends on the answer to the question- is Tendulkar's recent decline temporary or permanent. Contrary to many who feel Tendulkar's decline is mental, I think a lot of it is technique. If you look at his innings from the 90s you'll notice how he was predominantly a backfoot player. These days he tends to lunge forward more in the subcontinental mode of batting and plays very little horizontal bat shots compared to his heydays. One reason could be that with the lighter bat he uses he is more comfortable getting on to the front foot but its not working well. He gets caught at the crease far too often compared to his peak. It was a rare sight seeing Tendulkar get caught at the crease a few years back. South Africa would be the ideal place for him to rediscover his backfoot game and come back strongly but if he continues with the lunge which is a subcontinental trademark he will find things very tough there.

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin I have seen sachin struggle against mediocre attack in recent times...everyone has a bad phase ..... It is just that i am not a sachin worshipper and from what i have seen in the recent bast ...i don't share the same kind of undying loyalty that you have. You may be right that you have probably seen more of him in his best form.....i haven't ..so my opinion is formed from what i have seen. If bowlers is the criteria than gavaskar who battled against the westindians and the australians at there fastest and mightiest should be considered a better batsman than sachin.....

If bowlers is the criteria than gavaskar who battled against the westindians and the australians at there fastest and mightiest should be considered a better batsman than sachin.....
And he is by many though the attacks Tendulkar faced with the likes of Ambrose, Walsh, McGrath, Waqar, Wasim, Gillespie, Warne, Saqlain, Murali, Donald, Pollock etc. were in no way less than what Gavaskar faced. Remember Gavaskar and all batsmen of his era never really faced the top quality spin of Murali, Warne, Kumble, Saqlain, and Harbhajan except for a brief while in the 70s with the Indian spin quatret.

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin My point is.... If someone scores 36 or sachin's +1centuries....why won't they be deserving of the honour.... No one can score that many centuries playing only minnows over such a long period of time.... We are not talking of 5-6 centuries...we are talking 30 + centuries.Anyone who scores than many over a long period of time deserves credit and should be beyond excuses.

I have seen sachin struggle against mediocre attack in recent times...everyone has a bad phase ..... It is just that i am not a sachin worshipper and from what i have seen in the recent bast ...i don't share the same kind of undying loyalty that you have. You may be right that you have probably seen more of him in his best form.....i haven't ..so my opinion is formed from what i have seen. If bowlers is the criteria than gavaskar who battled against the westindians and the australians at there fastest and mightiest should be considered a better batsman than sachin.....
Yes, injuries do take their toll after playing so long. You may call me whatever, but I'm also talking from what I've seen. And as you can see SRT played against quite good bowling. Gavaskar was a much better batsman than Lara or Ponting and may be SRT too. But I haven't seen much of his, so I'll go with SRT personally. But yes he also faced quality bowling and did quite well, just like SRT. In fact SRT has done better statistically, but you have the problem of comparing different eras which you don't with the current batsmen.

My point is.... If someone scores 36 or sachin's +1centuries....why won't they be deserving of the honour.... No one can score that many centuries playing only minnows over such a long period of time.... We are not talking of 5-6 centuries...we are talking 30 + centuries.Anyone who scores than many over a long period of time deserves credit and should be beyond excuses.
Bowling quality! It's not the minnow, rather the lack of quality bowlers around for the last few years, from which some benefited a lot.