No answer to Dravid's elegance

Freakin fantastic player he is.. what a class, what an elegant batsman.. there are tonz of players whom u might find elegent batsman.. but this class is bit different.. The Class of a Wall u curse him for being sick captain, u curse him for lacking leadership quality.. but here in elegancy and batting wayz he takes 100/100 Rahul Dravid, A class, A legend

Absolutely, he is one of the Absolutely, he is one of the best batsman of all ears but keeps a low profile. His batting is picture perfect. Anything full or short pretty much goes for four and anything good length he defends. He keeps it pretty simple and no wonder he is way more consistent than the likes of Lara or Tendulkar. I usually tell a kid to watch him and emulate him. His batting can be taught. Lara, Tendulkar or Ponting cannot be taught to young ones. :salute:

And where did the big score And where did the big score go? Just down the drain, isn't it? If you look elegant fine. But I'd rather do with 110 ugly runs than just "elegant" 50 runs!!! When he had dropped one MO batsman, he should have taken the responsibility and gone on to score big, instead of playing that irresponsible shot!

Chandan wrote:And where did

And where did the big score go? Just down the drain, isn't it? If you look elegant fine. But I'd rather do with 110 ugly runs than just "elegant" 50 runs!!! When he had dropped one MO batsman, he should have taken the responsibility and gone on to score big, instead of playing that irresponsible shot!
yeah drop him, Dravid is just a show pony!
Guest dada_rocks

Quote:His batting can be

His batting can be taught. Lara, Tendulkar or Ponting cannot be taught to young ones.
That's very astute observation. This also answers the question why he doesn't get the kind of bidding his consistent batting deserves, along side lara tendu. Mankind is sucker for gifted individual a gift which is beyond their reach no matter how steadfast and disciplined they get. When one sees dravid at work there is sense of adulation but one ends up thinking this is achievable by religiously following the practice fitness discipline regimen whereas when one sees people like Tendu/lara at work in addition to the obvious adulation there is this feeling of "can't get there no matter what".

Chandan wrote:And where did

And where did the big score go? Just down the drain, isn't it? If you look elegant fine. But I'd rather do with 110 ugly runs than just "elegant" 50 runs!!! When he had dropped one MO batsman, he should have taken the responsibility and gone on to score big, instead of playing that irresponsible shot!
what crap is this.. grow up chandan.. this dravid has all ways rescued our team when its in dissaray.. talk sense..