We'll have you back, Dav

King

Good on them to offer him a fresh contract. Bangladesh have done well under him and they should continue with him. Whether he can still motivate himself to continue or not is a different case but there is no shame in coaching the team that you have known for over 4 years IMO.

I'll bet Banglastan can't believe their luck. IND had their chance to sign the best coach in the world' date=' and blew it. I am sure they will take him back with open arms.[/quote'] Best coach in the world ?? Am not too sure about it..

Well.. there is Tom Moody, for naming sake. I dont want to get into a discussion about who is better and who is worse. I would prefer a low-profile coach , who remains in the background. We all know what happens when the coach is media-savvy..

Tom Moody' date=' my @ss. What has he done that Whatmore hasn't done BETTER ?[/quote'] Tom Moody converted a Sri Lankan team in absolute shambles into a respectable unit. He helped Jayasuriya re-build his career.Their bowling got better and better under him.

So you appoint a coach only if he had previously won a world cup ? I respect Whatmore acheivements and have nothing against him. I am also tempted to think about how effective a job he can do , having been in active coaching duty for more than a decade.

So you appoint a coach only if he had previously won a world cup ? I respect Whatmore acheivements and have nothing against him. I am also tempted to think about how effective a job he can do , having been in active coaching duty for more than a decade.
...as opposed to Tom Moody who has only been coaching at international level for 2 years.

I was actually referring to how Whatmore could have lost some enthusiasm/energy for the job , having been in one for so long. I cant imagine someone wanting to have three consecutive stints as coach of intnl cricket teams. There has to be a element of lethargy here. Whatmore is also being oppurtunistic in grabbing this chances as it came. He did the same by joning BD when it was clear that SL wasnt going to re-hire him. Though i hold absolutely nothing against him for wanting to keep coaching , i refuse to believe that its more out of love for the game rather wanting to make a quick buck and increase his profile. And the manner in which he openly declared that he would like to coach India , when his team was playing in the knock-out stages of the world cup for the first and have a home series lined up against the Indians only seems to confirm my suspicions.