Bhajji backers seem to be shying away....

Decently may be a bit OTT. In 2002 we had Jaffer and Bangar opening with Sehwag, in 07 it was Dinesh Karthik and Jaffer. Although Karthik did play a couple of userful knocks I am hoping Sehwag and Gambhir put the English attack to sword this time :--D
Here are Indian scores (2002) Test 1: 221 and 397 Test 2: 357 and 424 Test 2: batted once: 628 Test 3: batted once 505
I would. Kaneria was always an average spinner
Lurks, you really think you can be average and take 200 wickets in 40 tests? You can literally count with the fingers of your hand the number of bowlers who have managed to do that in all of cricket's history!
So whats your point here ? Only the situations where we can compare them are when India scores big ? Otherwise the comparisons don't stand ?
No, but I am open enough to understand that very few spinners that I've seen can run through a side without a decent cushion of runs. Captains tend to employ defensive fields, batsmen are under less pressure etc. - it takes a good total on board for a spinner to come to his best. So, when has Harbhajan made a telling and decisive difference in a test last? Calcutta '10 - 13 tests back. If we are to wait at least every 14 test matches for our lead bowler to lead us to victory, then our lead bowler sucks. Thank Allah we have Zaheer. :pray:

I would never carry a signature calling an indian legend crap(400 test wickets). I leave that to others like yourself. I dont forget all the sterling work he has done and am not in to calling such servants of indian cricket such abusive names. I leave that to you. Anyway whats the downside for you? You already have started threads proclaiming bhaji a hero, so a flip from you again is no probs!

No, but I am open enough to understand that very few spinners that I've seen can run through a side without a decent cushion of runs. Captains tend to employ defensive fields, batsmen are under less pressure etc. - it takes a good total on board for a spinner to come to his best. So, when has Harbhajan made a telling and decisive difference in a test last? Calcutta '10 - 13 tests back. If we are to wait at least every 14 test matches for our lead bowler to lead us to victory, then our lead bowler sucks. Thank Allah we have Zaheer. :pray:
Whats his average in 2011 again?:--D

Over the last 4 years bhaji is our top wicket taker Over the last 3 years bhaji is our top wicket taker Over the last 2 years bhaji is our top wicket taker And wait for it, over last 12 months Bhaji is our top wicket taker Me thinks some folks have gone a bit OTT in hammering him. Just imagine if the above stats were for one of our batsman in terms of runs. Anyone calling for his head would be hammered. Yet Bhaji is not just asked to be dropped but hammered and ridiculed. You ungrateful so and sos

There is no possible 'objective' discussion as far as Harbhajan is concerned because of his fan boys who tout his struggling for 4 wickets in 45 overs in the last test as some test masterpiece in making which was denied by lack of support from others.
Ok I agree, so you demand we go by numbers only as stats are meaningless cos of fan boys. So Bhajis average in WI was superb 25. This followed his superb average in SA of 29. Bhaji has silenced his critics. All hail Bhaji the great:two_thumbs_up: p.s expect your sig to be changed pronto after bhajis stats busting efforts in last 2 test series, change it to "Bhajis my hero please":--D
Ok I agree, so you demand we go by numbers only as stats are meaningless cos of fan boys. So Bhajis average in WI was superb 25. This followed his superb average in SA of 29. Bhaji has silenced his critics. All hail Bhaji the great:two_thumbs_up: p.s expect your sig to be changed pronto after bhajis stats busting efforts in last 2 test series, change it to "Bhajis my hero please":--D
Forget signatures, I think you need to change your name into King Harbhajan, The Legend.
Forget signatures' date=' I think you need to change your name into King Harbhajan, the legend.[/quote'] What cos I support a guy who took 400 wickets. I also have defended big time Dravid, Sachin, Laxman and others when they mob turn on quality performing player for India, players who havew delivered time and again over many years for their country. Bhaji has done wonderful things for India cricket and does not deserve this kind of hate
Lurks' date=' you really think you can be average and take 200 wickets in 40 tests? You can literally count with the fingers of your hand the number of bowlers who have managed to do that in all of cricket's history![/quote'] Well thats where stats can be a misleading weapon of choice. Kaneria is the kind of bowler who when mentioned that he has 200 wickets in 40 tests would make a fan scratch his hair as to how the eff it happened. He was always a bowler who would take 3-125 in an innings. You are right in that you can count bowlers on one finger with those numbers. Heck he would beat likes of Andy Roberts, Bedi, John Snow etc...but can Kaneria hold a candle to these gents?
Tees bhaiya tees bol raha hoon - not bees' date=' baais, pacchis atthais - tees - 30 - which is considered the minimum benchmark of any bowler worth his salt. But Bhajji fan boys can't stop crying and complaining. :laugh:[/quote'] Lets just keep the bet to whether he bowls better than Swann.