Players you would most like to have seen in their prime

Who are the five players in each discipline that you regret not seeing in their prime? For me: Bowlers: Bart King Trueman Wilfred Rhodes Dennis Lillee Sydney Barnes Batsmen: Donald Bradman Ranji Graeme Pollock Hobbs Barry Richards Other: Mike Proctor Ian Botham (in his first five-six years) WG Grace How about you?

Oh too many to recount SS. I can possibly end with a list of 50 names and still forget another 50. Here are some from the top of my mind. Keith Miller, the Nugget of all players. One player who somehow always comes across as bigger than the game, bigger even than those of Don and Sobers. Quality fast bowler, wonderful batsman, great tactician(according to Benaud possibly greatest captain ever), film star good looks and a dashing Air force pilot. What else do you want? Frank Tyson, the man who would put fear of god in Aussies without resorting to any unfair tactics. Even Trueman was forced to concede Tyson was much faster than him, though in his unique manner he quickly added that Tyson was no great as he did not last more than a few years. Bradman..no explanation needed. CK Nayudu..the former Indian great and first skipper of India. Led from the front and was a gallant fighter who performed best when back against the wall. Amar Singh and Nissar..India's first,and by some accounts still the most, potent bowling attack. Have heard so much of them it would be wonderful to go back in time and see them in action. Same holds true for two other bowlers Subhas Gupte and Vinoo Mankad though the latter was an all-rounder too. Would love to see Victor Trumper in action. According to many the 2nd best batsman ever produced by Australia and a player who is almost always picked in Australia XI by the experts. Aussie leg spinners of yore - Grimmett, Arthur Mailey & Bill O Reilley. Also South African googly attack of yore. Speaking of South Africa they have a tons of players I would like to see. Right from the days of googly bowlers to Hugh Tayfield, Aubrey Faulkner, Duddley Nourse to modern day Eddie Barlow, Barry Richards, Graeme Pollock and of course Mike Procter. Would also love to see Ali Bacher and understand how he led such a team of superstars who were almost all better than him as a player? Then of course there would be usual suspects - Freddie Spofforth, WG Grace, Sydney Barnes, Hedley verity, Jack Hobbs and Sutcliffe etc etc. xxx

Hey veer:hello:bahut dino baad dikhe.... shaadi shuda logon ko bas dekhna allowed hai....:alberteinstein:
bas thoda busy tha... how r ya been?? enjoying BCCI circus?? :shades_smile: btw.. if you see someone on tv.. and you think he is cute and what not.. do you say that to your hubby??
hypocrites...abhi hot babe thread shuroo hoga to kya kunware kya shaadishuda...sab bhaage aenge.....:damnmate:
but am not married ... :shades_smile: in these matters though... generally it should be ''two way street''...
Why Veer ' date='you wouldnt be too amused if your to-be-wife calls some one on TV cute ?[/quote'] the key word is ''all the time'' ... i wouldnt like it if she says it all the time about all random guy she sees on tv..

Oh.. how ladies like to gossip ! hahahahaha !!! the site's name should be changed to -- Indiangossipfans.com I pity Ravi and the other mods.. they have put in so much to get this site up an running.. only for us to discuss saas-bahu stories ! Waah re waa !! the power of the internet !!!!:haha: