Indians deserve respect

Nasser Hussain's face is glowing just because Eng will become No1 soon, I just felt sad that the team which was No1 for nearly 2 years is being talked about like they never worked for being there. The Sky commentators, the newspapers , the fans and the english players .. all are passing smart ass comments on Indians and I for one dont like it. India played well and kept the ranking for some time. I understand that India is getting beaten fair and square in Eng but that doesnt mean India never worked for it. Have some respect ! PS: No matter how messed up they look in this series, I am proud of the boys for what they have done in the last few years and I am sure they'll be back soon .. :isalute:

Nasser Hussain's face is glowing just because Eng will become No1 soon, I just felt sad that the team which was No1 for nearly 2 years is being talked about like they never worked for being there. The Sky commentators, the newspapers , the fans and the english players .. all are passing smart ass comments on Indians and I for one dont like it. India played well and kept the ranking for some time. I understand that India is getting beaten fair and square in Eng but that doesnt mean India never worked for it. Have some respect ! PS: No matter how messed up they look in this series, I am proud of the boys for what they have done in the last few years and I am sure they'll be back soon .. :isalute:
well said paaji :two_thumbs_up:

i think England fans are just delighted to finally have a team that can dominate consistently, been a long time coming and hopefully only going to get better. Everyone respects the Indian team, some of the greatest batsmen to ever be collected in a single line-up, BUT the way some have approached this series and the manner of their performance (tinged with an apparent lack of caring) does leave them open to fair criticism and banter.

No other team has won 60 overs WC, 50 overs WC, T20 WC, Benson & Hedges World Championship, Champions Trophy, Asia Cup!!!! Great bowling sides like Pakistan have never won a series in WI. MS Dhoni is a warrior, single handedly won IPL and Champions League for India. Completely rubbish from England commies.

If the Indian Team were still losing 0-2 and had actually fought hard and made a close contest then we would be seeing a lot more respect. You don't earn respect by the way we've played this series. Everything from our preparation, fitness, bowling, batting and fielding has been less than test match quality, never mind number 1 quality. England were routinely berated a few years ago when they couldn't get past 300 without KP scoring big, when they had no spinners, and Anderson was inconsistent. Why should this current Indian team be spared of any criticism? They suck right now, have failed to even play average and even worse look disinterested and lost in the field. India completely deserve all this criticism. When you're losing by an innings, hundreds of runs, and collapse in a heap batting then what the hell is there to praise? It was only a few months ago that the same England team was being criticized in a similar way in the WC. The English media went so far as to say that the England team simply doesn't care about ODI cricket really. So instead of whining about it, good teams work hard to improve instead of worrying about what's written in the media. The best way for Team India to silence their critics is to compete, not necessarily blow away the England team, but just compete and play hard. We're still waiting for that to happen for more than two/three sessions.

India deserves respect yes. But it is also not difficult to see why English scribes are gloating. Yes England have played well and they have players who have exceeded everyone's expectation but it is also true for past 4-5 years the powers that be at BCCI and Indian cricket have made us sound like a Redneck who has suddenly found money and power and goes about dissing everyone else. Take commentary for example, having watched folks like Lawry, Chappell, Benaud it is amazing to hear Indian commentators refer to India as "we". No jackass you are a commentator there is no WE. Shashtri and Sunny are the biggest cheerleaders(culprits). All the time gloating about this, that or the other instead of concentrating on cricket. Well now that the English have gotten their chance they are returning the favor. An objective criticism against India has been - India do not make for a Number 1 team in the world. Thats quite fair criticism in my opinion considering our bowling limitations. And yet the response for that, even by experts, is that those who make that comment are jealous of India. Well now that the bowling stands exposed you are having those who have been made fun of now having a go at India...

If the Indian Team were still losing 0-2 and had actually fought hard and made a close contest then we would be seeing a lot more respect. You don't earn respect by the way we've played this series. Everything from our preparation, fitness, bowling, batting and fielding has been less than test match quality, never mind number 1 quality. England were routinely berated a few years ago when they couldn't get past 300 without KP scoring big, when they had no spinners, and Anderson was inconsistent. Why should this current Indian team be spared of any criticism? They suck right now, have failed to even play average and even worse look disinterested and lost in the field. India completely deserve all this criticism. When you're losing by an innings, hundreds of runs, and collapse in a heap batting then what the hell is there to praise?
But we were still the best side for the last 2 years. Surely we haven't played well in this series but let's see where poms are in 24 months
But we were still the best side for the last 2 years. Surely we haven't played well in this series but let's see where poms are in 24 months
Seriously, WTF cares about where the poms are in 24 months? When you're comprehensively beaten black and blue you have two choices: 1. Whine and complain about the conditions, weather, fitness, injuries, criticism from the media, what the other team is/isnt' doing blah blah blah. or 2. You take it like a grown man, learn from it and promise yourself that you will do everything in your power to never let that happen again. Nobody gives a damn that we were number 1 for two years in the same way nobody gives a damn that the Windies were number 1 and unbeaten for years whenever a current test side beats the Windies like a bunch of spineless muppets. Sympathy and compassion in sports is for the weak.

What has WI gotta do with it, I'm talking about the XI playing. One bad series and they are idiots while for the last 2 years they were gods. It's VERY bad performance n I'm not denying it. It's a fact that they were the best for a while and people should give a damn about it especially if they are so proud eng becoming no 1