With this Attack We can't be No.1 Again: Akram

nsareen

Man, how does Shami look well built to u guys ? Puhleeeez, gimme a break ! He's got chicken legs...He needs to work out more..Before turning the gun on me, let me tell u that I am into amateur boxing myself. With whatever little knowledge, I can tell u that to generate pace, u need to strong hip muscles . Look at Shoaib, lee, Waqar...Look at their lower body and compare with him. I think u guys are about to go gaga just bcoz Wasim Bhai said he is fast. Sure he would be, but for the long run, he definitely needs to work out.

Man' date=' how does Shami look well built to u guys ? Puhleeeez, gimme a break ! He's got chicken legs...He needs to work out more..Before turning the gun on me, let me tell u that I am into amateur boxing myself. With whatever little knowledge, I can tell u that to generate pace, u need to strong hip muscles . Look at Shoaib, lee, Waqar...Look at their lower body and compare with him. I think u guys are about to go gaga just bcoz Wasim Bhai said he is fast. Sure he would be, but for the long run, he definitely needs to work out.[/quote'] Which he would, i'm sure if there is proper guidance , he can be built upto international standards. History suggests india did not have a bowler which has a strong lower half, srinath,ishant,nehra,agarkar,PK,munaf,mohanty,dodda ganesh,...... all are very lean. the one's with an allround built were ankola,maybe V. Prasad, Zaheer khan, i think thats been the trend. You do not only need strong body to bowl fast, you should be able to generate pace of your shoulder, wrist and action, along with muscles which support this. certainly there are bowlers in the world who are quick and are lean, shammi can improve in that aspect, if he can bowl 142+ with this built, he can up some pace, with an even stronger body, he does not need to have a body builder's body, which usually does not work in fast bowling.

I am not talking about a bodybuilder physique at all. A heavy physique is not needed. A lean upper body and strong hip and thigh muscles are essential to generate pace. Its the same muscle which is needed in boxing to generate more power in punch, or in martial arts for the kicks. Its just if u can use ur hip muscles as a catapult. Zaheer has a good lower half, agreed. A strong lower body definitely helps and I hope he works on it.

I am not talking about a bodybuilder physique at all. A heavy physique is not needed. A lean upper body and strong hip and thigh muscles are essential to generate pace. Its the same muscle which is needed in boxing to generate more power in punch' date=' or in martial arts for the kicks. Its just if u can use ur hip muscles as a catapult. [b']Zaheer has a good lower half, agreed. A strong lower body definitely helps and I hope he works on it.
It's also beneficial for uses apart from cricket. :winky:
He is right we won't be no. 1 again if we continue bowling like this. but imo varun should not be rushed , one more year of Domestic , not more than that though. btw , I am amazed on Wasim bhai's interest and knowledge about Indian domestic Cricket.
Wasim was KKR's bowling consultant so he must have worked with the bowlers in the team.
Which he would, i'm sure if there is proper guidance , he can be built upto international standards. History suggests india did not have a bowler which has a strong lower half, srinath,ishant,nehra,agarkar,PK,munaf,mohanty,dodda ganesh,...... all are very lean. the one's with an allround built were ankola,maybe V. Prasad, Zaheer khan, i think thats been the trend. You do not only need strong body to bowl fast, you should be able to generate pace of your shoulder, wrist and action, along with muscles which support this. certainly there are bowlers in the world who are quick and are lean, shammi can improve in that aspect, if he can bowl 142+ with this built, he can up some pace, with an even stronger body, he does not need to have a body builder's body, which usually does not work in fast bowling.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
He is right we won't be no. 1 again if we continue bowling like this. but imo varun should not be rushed , one more year of Domestic , not more than that though. btw , I am amazed on Wasim bhai's interest and knowledge about Indian domestic Cricket.
i agree that batsmen, and even spinners shouldn't be rushed into the team. but a bowler that lies heavily on pace?... i think he should come in ASAP... when he has got the pace... get him in right away and let him understand the conditions outside of home.. and what it is like to play in the big stage.
So how has Wasim Akram become an Indian.... He says with this attack "WE" cant be no 1 again..... We became no 1 with this attack We are no 1 with this attack We will be no 1 with this attack
i was thinkin the same thing, b4 i opened the thread i was like.. theres a indian Akram that i didn't know aout :S