Any smokers out there?

PriyankaSR

Smoked for 13 years but stopped after my daughter was born. Giving up smoking is definitely one of the hardest things I have done in my life.
almost 10 years back, I helped a friend to quit smoking and he has not smoked ever since. I am not discounting his efforts and strong will required, but I had a role to play there.

Smoked for 13 years but stopped after my daughter was born. Giving up smoking is definitely one of the hardest things I have done in my life.
yeah..same I started when I was 18, smoked for 7 years. Tried quitting and failed miserably. My servant, ramu kaka, told me that "you want to quit then smoke so much that you hate it". I used to smoke 40 sticks a day for nearly 2& half years. One fine day, on Oct 16, I quit smoking and drinking just like that. It was hell for first 10 days. I used to drink lot of milk (over 1 gal a day) with lot of ice cubes and sugar. I still regret that I ever smoked. If anything that I could change from my past, I would skip smoking and live exact same life I had. Its been 12 years, never touched again. Of course I am not proud because damage was already done.

yeah..same I started when I was 18, smoked for 7 years. Tried quitting and failed miserably. My servant, ramu kaka, told me that "you want to quit then smoke so much that you hate it". I used to smoke 40 sticks a day for nearly 2& half years. One fine day, on Oct 16, I quit smoking and drinking just like that. It was hell for first 10 days. I used to drink lot of milk (over 1 gal a day) with lot of ice cubes and sugar. I still regret that I ever smoked. If anything that I could change from my past, I would skip smoking and live exact same life I had. Its been 12 years, never touched again. Of course I am not proud because damage was already done.
Pretty similar for me too expect I dont intend to quit drinking :giggle:. For me it was just the thought of my daughter growing up with a father around. I enjoyed smoking and still miss it but I wont be able to forgive myself if I have to explain to my daughter why papa wont be around for long. As for this thread, I dont think its cool or something to be proud of. Its an addiction which is doing irreparable damage. Some people think that cancer or tumors are result of 20-30 years of smoking but there are cases where people have died of cancer in their late 20s and early 30s.. leaving young families behind. There are a lot of people who die of heart diseases, lung problems, strokes etc which a smoke is more likely to get

Pretty similar for me too expect I dont intend to quit drinking :giggle:. For me it was just the thought of my daughter growing up with a father around. I enjoyed smoking and still miss it but I wont be able to forgive myself if I have to explain to my daughter why papa wont be around for long. As for this thread, I dont think its cool or something to be proud of. Its an addiction which is doing irreparable damage. Some people think that cancer or tumors are result of 20-30 years of smoking but there are cases where people have died of cancer in their late 20s and early 30s.. leaving young families behind. There are a lot of people who die of heart diseases, lung problems, strokes etc which a smoke is more likely to get
DC, you are so right. Unfortunately, the damage is more than physical and trouble is, it is hard to undo. Damage to this body will be no more after this birth. :dance: but I hope I dont have to pay the price for it in my next birth which I expect to be better than this one :pray:.